Device firmware updater - app

About the new app.

I'm going to update my fibaro thermostats. Where do I know which firmware they're running with?
And where do I possibly download the new firmware?
Jeg kan forstå den skam hentes ned på en pc, for derefter at loades fra selve appen 'device firmwarerI can understand the really downloaded down on a PC, then that loads from the app itself 'device firmwares'?

Thank you very much.

Usually, but not always, this is displayed on the device settings page at the bottom.

That is the tough part. Only Fibaro can provide the firmware. If they don't give it out, then you will not be able to do this. There is no public repository of firmware, likely due to copyright issues.

The other part of this would be if there was even a firmware update in the first place. Some devices never get updated firmware. You would have to contact Fibaro and see if they will provide this to you.

I can answer this, a big fat massive NO. :rage:

They have no intention of passing customer the updates. If you want to do a update you have to buy their hub.

Unfortunately I had to buy one :pensive: it's junk.

This mentality drives me nutz.. There are several manufacturers doing this..

7 Likes

Apparently Fibaro will do agreements with other companies. I posted about it here.

Perhaps HE can reach out?

Good to know. now will never buy any of their devices with that attitude!!!!

3 Likes

Aeotec, Zooz, & Inovelli provide firmware update for sure.. I’m sure there are others, these were the first ones I could think of.

7 Likes

Great. So I need to buy a hub to get firmware on thermostats?
Great service from them.
I also only bought 5 of their thermostats...

Fibaro :-1:

700 series supports encrypted firmware files, so I anticipate more manufacturers will start supporting this. Also firmware update command class V5+ supports downloading the firmware from the device, so future versions I anticipate being able to get the firmware from one device to update others if you have a mix of versions.

6 Likes

Or send them to me and cover the postages and I'll update then for you? Obviously only if they are Europe frequency.

1 Like

Oh
Thanks for the offer. I live in Denmark, and it's ■■■■■■■ cold, so I need them a little more :snowflake:

2 Likes

I have a file loaded

but I don't see an option to apply it

I believe HEX files are supported. Am I wrong?
https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Device_Firmware_Updater

The updater app only works on C7 hubs.

1 Like

Got it. Time to upgrade!

2 Likes

SO then does anybody know where I can go to download Fibaro devices firmware?