Device Counter

Is there a way to display the number of devices ( Sort of a counter) that are On/Active on the dashboard?

I'd have to do a bit of a search, but from memory one of @Cobra 's app should do something like this. Maybe Average All or one of his tile apps.
EDIT - Looks like Average All will only provide you with a single On/Off value, On if at least one switch is on, off if all switches are off. Useful, but probably not what you are after in this case.

This kind of solution (I think) would need you to define this up-front in the app / driver, rather than being dynamic, but may still provide the outcome you need.

For motion control you could use the built-in Zone Motion Control app, this allows you to aggregate the activity of multiple motion control devices into one device.

If you provide some examples of what you are wanting to use this for it may help nail down a more relevant solution.

Simon

I think this is what he's after. This example is using Home Assistant's dashboard. Not sure how to accomplish this in HE.

Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 11.27.37 PM

2 Likes

Yes, that’s exactly what I was looking to do, but was not able to find the way to do in HE

I’m certainly no rule machine expert, but I think this could be done with a rule (or rules) and some variables.

You’d want to create a rule such that every time a light switches on, add +1 to a variable, and every time a light switches off, subtract -1 from the variable.

With a variable connector device, the current # for the variable can be displayed on a dashboard.

@bravenel might be able to confirm if I’m on the right track, or way off.

1 Like

You could try @bptworld snapshot app or I bet Bryan could come up with that?

snapshot link: [RELEASE] Snapshot - Monitor devices and sensors - see status on dashboard, by notifications and speech

1 Like