Develop a New Virtual Device Request

I would like to see a Number virtual device developed. A device that is just a decimal based result that could be utilized as a resulting number from a rule or piston.
For example: count how many a times a virtual number device has been activated in a time frame, or in one of my cases I have an Ambient Weather Station that gets a great deal of data, but some of it I need to use webcore to create a number result, but the only thing that works is a virtual temperature sensor. The problem is the resulting number gets a F after the number, when in reality it is measuring some other type of data,

Here is further clarification on this Virtual Number Device as an example of a counter that I use via Hubitat Virtual Temperature Device:
VirtualNumberDevice

Sounds like you're looking for a hub variable?

https://docs2.hubitat.com/en/user-interface/settings/hub-variables

Webcore and many apps can work directly with these, as can Hubitat Dashboard--not sure about the other two options. You can also create a connector, a device of a certain type that is tied to the variable and can be used in apps that can't use variables directly (though certain connector types may not solve your problem).

If you go into the '3 dot' option for the device on the dashboard, you can override the device unit.
Just check override box and put in a 'space'.
This should do the job for you.

1 Like