[Deprecated] Xiaomi / Aqara / Opple Drivers with Presence!

I'm happy you like my drivers, but for this I would recommend using my Sonoff Temp/Humidity driver. It doesn't have all the special Xiaomi-only stuff in it and should work well. If you do try the Sonoff driver instead and there are things not working, do message me in the Sonoff driver release thread and I will see about making changes to add support for the Blitzwolf one as well. If you try it and it works well, please write a message in the Sonoff thread to help others to know. If you give me the fingerprint I can then add it to the Sonoff driver.

Yes, the only thing I'm missing is working with someone to get the logs showing what is sent from the device and testing that all is working as intended. Exactly which models do you have? If you are willing to work with me testing and sending me logs the support could be added quickly. PM me if you want to do this and I'll tell you what I need more precisely.

Juste wanted you to know that my 11 contact sensors are working great on my hub that has an IKEA repeater only. It has been several days now, with no disconnect!

Thanks for the awesome driver!!!

I have some more IKEA repeaters on order, which will enable me to connect my 12th contact sensor... And then the bunch of other Xiaomi devices I have on order!

You're welcome :slight_smile:

Great to hear, there is a IKEA Repeater driver with Presence if you want to know that they are online, since they are the type of device that may get unplugged I find it useful.

A side note on the contact sensors, if they fall off and don't come back by themselves, I've found that it can be enough to open and close them until the blue led blinks. You can also put them in the open position and wave a strong magnet back and forth next to them until that led blinks.

4 Likes

Cool! Very good to know!

Thanks also for the tip on the Presence of the repeater! I wouldn’t have thought about that...

I didn't either until a few days ago when it happened to me, that is when I wrote the driver :stuck_out_tongue: It also can check for Presence of any other type of Zigbee repeater that doesn't have other features that needs to be supported (like on/off for example). It even works with Xbees which don't check in.

2 Likes

Hi markus, could you link to the driver you suggest I use for the BlitzWolf temperature and Humidity device. Just wanted to ask where I would find the fingerprint once I check it works with the Sonoff drivers

P.S. Just wanted to check would it be this one

Sonoff Zigbee Temperature & Humidity Sensor (works with model SNZB-02)
For the fingerprint is that the data section under the device details?

Yes, that is the one.

It could be fine for creating one, depends on if all data was saved there on pairing, post it and I will know if it is ok.

Okay here is what I copied, seems to be alot more info since I changed the driver to your Sonoff one. I did try the Tasmota driver first by mistake so not sure why it still shows Tasmota.

• endpointId: 01
  • preferences: [runReset,debugLogging,infoLogging,lastCheckinEnable,lastCheckinEpochEnable,presenceEnable,deviceConfig,hideExtended,hideAdvanced,password,ipAddress,port,override,useIPAsID,telePeriod,disableModuleSelection,moduleNumber,deviceTemplateInput,invertPowerNumber,useAlternateColorCommand,hideDangerousCommands,disableCSS]
  • application: 43
  • softwareBuild:
  • driver: v0.5.0.0710b
  • inClusters: 0000,0001,0402,0405
  • namespace: tasmota
  • outClusters: 0019
  • metaConfig: {"hide":{"command":["deleteChildren","initialize"],"stateVariable":["settings","colorMode","red","green","blue","mired","level","saturation","mode","hue","mac"],"currentState":["needUpdate"],"data":["namespace","appReturn","password","preferences","metaConfig"],"preference":["hideAdvanced","ipAddress","override","useIPAsID","telePeriod","invertPowerNumber","useAlternateColorCommand","disableModuleSelection","port","disableCSS","moduleNumber"]},"stateComment":"Works with most devices"}
  • model: TS0201
  • manufacturer: _TZ2000_hjsgdkfl

Doesn't matter, but this does contain all that I need, I've added the fingerprint of this device to the driver, so if this driver is in HE when you pair one of these devices it should be selected.

1 Like

I'm using your new zigbee router driver, and it's fantastic. Thanks. I'm using it across 2 hubs with Tradfri repeaters and for the first time, devices are routing through the Tradfri's! Thanks so much. It's amazing to see them repeat now, which they have not done before. (via /hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo).

I've just started using it for my Xbee, and already devices are starting to route through it - in less than 5 minutes. 3 devices now in 5 minutes for the Xbee....previously it was not doing much for my mesh. I'm very thankful!

One thing though, is there any way to remove the schedules caused by the previous driver, which I cant seem to delete? Obviously its not your driver causing issues, but the previous XBee driver?

Edit: solved it. See here: Orphaned Scheduled Job After Changing Drivers - How to Remove? - #3 by mike.maxwell

1 Like

Great :slight_smile: was just about to say to just put unchedule() at the top of the initialize() method and run that. I've added it to the initialize() method in the next release.

1 Like

Can you please write more drivers. Your drivers just work.

4 Likes

:slight_smile: That's how it's supposed to be, isn't it! :stuck_out_tongue: I write for the devices I have when I have time... Most of the devices used in other countries are produced here, just not for sale here... So I can't get everything. With that said, I still have some device I've not gotten around to yet, so there will be more. For simple Zigbee devices using standard clusters it is in general very easy to make a new driver. Any device in particular you're looking for?

2 Likes

after changing drivers back & forth between Markus & Veeceeoh drivers, seeing these errors

2020-07-11 12:59:55.083 am errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_veeceeoh_Xiaomi_Original_Motion_Sensor071_684.reconnectEvent() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (reconnectEvent)

dev:11282020-07-11 12:54:10.144 am errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_markusl_Zigbee___Xiaomi_Aqara_Motion_Sensor_2859.reconnectEvent() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (reconnectEvent)

This doesn't look right, there is a method like that in my driver. Put a "unschedule()" call at the top of the initialize() method and run initialize in my driver and this will be resolved.

From the next release all my drivers will run "unschedule()" in the initialize() method.

2 Likes

Thank you ! like this:
def generalInitialize() {
unschedule()
logging("generalInitialize()", 100)
unschedule("tasmota_updatePresence")
setLogsOffTask()
refresh()
}

Yes, but for most drivers in the initialize() method, for my Tasmota one this would be the place. That is where I have added it for the next release.

EDIT: To be clear, unless you're editing a Tasmota driver, generalInitialize() is not in use, it has only existed in my other drivers since they share code. From the next release it will be removed form all Zigbee drivers.

@markus
Please can you link me to the Zigbee router drivers. I have 3 TRADFRI repeaters and I would like to run these drivers and see how they do. Thank you

2 Likes

@markus I have the Tradfri Power Outlet Repeaters. Any plans to include the on/off features for this?

1 Like