[Deprecated] Web Pinger

You can connect a stand alone router to that all in one unit. I do it here with mine.

Is there a way to turn a switch on/off when the internet comes back on? I see the option to turn on a switch when the ping fails but I'd like to turn it back off when the ping succeeds again. I saw the option to auto reset switches but that says it will reset the switch after a set amount of time even if the ping is still failing.

I'd like to be able to see how long an internet outage was based on the switch events.

Thanks.

Go read the option again... it already does this. :wink:

2 Likes

Ok, I see that now thanks!

Clarification please. The false alarm safety net time, should it be more than 2 times the ping interval? In other words if I have the ping interval set for 15 minutes, then the safety net should be longer than 30 minutes?

Yes so you get more than one try at it. In worse case would need 31 minutes to ensure it catches the last one.

Thank you. That was what I thought. One more question. The switch I have to turn on it wouldn't come on then till after the safety net time? Assuming the internet was still down.

There was a large denial of service attack affecting a number of internet services yesterday just as a heads up.

1 Like

I am not familiar with how you have it configured so with some more detail I could assist further.

I guess my question is, I have the ping interval set at 15 minutes. I set the safety net at 35 minutes. I have a virtual switch which I have in the app to turn on if URL is not available.

So that switch wouldn't come on until after the safety net? In other words it takes 2 pings before the app decides the URL is down?

Hope that makes sense. I'm not real good at describing things....

Can you post a screenshot of your web pinger app?

Well there's an easy way to test. Put in a non existent url and see if the switch turns on immediately.

yes

1 Like

This app is exactly what I was looking for to monitor a couple linux systems in my house. Thank you!

I had kicked the power cord out accidentally and only discovered when I tried to ssh in. Now I will know if this happens, for any reason. :slight_smile:

I want to use this app to monitor some WIFI devices on there connectivity.
The device is a Wifi Shelly relay, The acces is protected with an username/password

This is what I see in the log when there is NO password protection (OK):

This is what I see when there is a password protection on the device (NOK)

Is there a way to make it working when the device is password protected?

Solved using this format :
Not really save, but I can live with it

Does the enable/disable switch work? I saw some earlier post where you said you removed that, but the option is still there.

I have a hub setup in a shop that is about 200' behind my house. I use a couple of CPE devices to get internet access down there. I just got a Zooz power strip and I am using your app to monitor if the URL to my home hub is available from the shop hub. If not then it will power cycle the CPE and AP in my shop.

I was updating the firmware on my Hub and I disabled the app as I didn't want it resetting my router in the middle of the update. I then saw the option about having a switch to enable disable the app. So I added a virtual switch to my hub and added it to the option. As soon as I add the switch it pauses the app no matter if the switch is on or off. I created a small dashboard that shows the switch indicating if the internet is on, one that allows me to do a manual ping and I wanted to add one so I could enable/disable the app. Am I missing something or is that just not available anymore.

Great app BTW.

Try the new version on GitHub...
2.1.8 - 12/29/20 - Adjustments

I don't have time to test so hopefully it works for you. :sunglasses:

There was an update in HPM, was it the same thing, because if it was it's still not working.

As soon as I add a switch to the option I get a message in the log that says:
[info]Check Home hub connection is Paused or Disabled

If I have the switch on or off it does not change. As soon as I remove the switch from the option it validates my URL and starts checking every 5 minutes again.

If I need to manually load the github version let me know and I will try that.

Thanks for looking into it.