[Deprecated] Weather Dot Gov - Gathering data from weather.gov

Nope, every attribute available is pulled from WDG. After doing a bunch of research I learned a lot about Heat Index, Windchill and Feels like.

First 'Feels Like' is a patented calculation by AcuRite.

As for Heat Index and Windchill. They are pulled from WDG if available (that's up to the station chosen). Both have their own set of temp/RH requirements to have this value valid. So you will only see one of the two with a value at a time (again, if available).

For me right now...
Temp: 44
RH: 57.65
Heat Index: No Data
Wind Chill: No Data
Although they are No Data right now, I have seen data in one or the other at different time.

BTW, I happen to have an AcuRite weather station...
Temp: 47
RH: 57
'Feels Like' is 37 :wink:

Hope this helps

1 Like

Appreciate the information. Dark sky had it also, but the government wouldn't have it if it is patented (license$). Here it is 58 with a high of 73 (10:30am Georgia).

Alan

I have a question on how I actually get the data to populate in a dashboard, If I go to devices then the Tile i created for weather I see the weather data. Then I create a dashboard under device I select that Tile that gets that receives the data and Template I have tried selecting Weather, Image but the weather info never populates

It's all there in the Docs folder... :wink:

Thank you sir, I appreciate it. I was able to get it added. I didnt realize that the actual instructions for using it were in docs as well I thought that docs were only the install instructions.

1 Like

Recently receiving the following warnings in logs.
In getWeatherData - Please double check your Station ID in the Weather Dot Gov app.

Checked the station ID directly in weather.gov web, and the station ID matches app setting.
Version is 1.1.3
Thx

The Weather.gov API is having issues staying up and running. Affecting my NOAA Weather Alerts app too.

Thanks, I also see
warnWeather Dot Gov - Connection to weather.gov API timed out. This is NOT an issue with this app, the website is simply busy. Try again later.

Didn't know if related..

Yup, the weather.gov site definitely has seen it's share of issues/downtime. Reminds me of other platform I used to use ... :roll_eyes: :upside_down_face: :thinking: :thinking: :wink: :grin:

Could you add a feature to clear all alerts? I'm still seeing warnings from a few weeks ago. Thanks Bryan

added to the list

Thank you..

1 Like

Great app, thank you.

One quirk, not sure if it’s me/app/website, but I’m getting null for today’s pollen type, (yesterday’s and tomorrow work fine). Seen this a few days in a row now. Not sure how to show a log, if it is even helpful?

I'll look into it, thanks

1 Like

New version on GitHub...

Lots of changes/bug fixes/enhancements!

1 Like

After I updated to version 1.1.4 of the Child app (via HPM) I'm getting below error on both of my child instances (I'm still on hub firmware version 2.2.0.128 - updating to 132 as I write this:

Thanks.

You need to go into each child app and make sure the font size is filled in.

@bptworld what do I need to do to get rid of this error.
app:32020-05-25 10:33:43.804 am warnExcluded attribute forecastTable1 size of attribute > 1024 characters

Thanks

Try the new version on GitHub

Child:
1.1.5 - 05/25/20 - Fixed an issue with forecast tiles

Opps, still seeing it in the logs.

app:32020-05-25 11:03:41.980 am warnExcluded attribute forecastTable1 size of attribute > 1024 characters