[DEPRECATED] Universal Ecobee Suite, Version 1.8.01

Thanks for the reply and RE example. But what I'm trying to do is modify existing Ecobee comfort setting parameters (mainly heat point, cooling point) from Ecobee Suite/WebCore based on time of year. I know how to do the time of year via WebCore, but what I can't seem to find in Ecobee Suite is a way to set parameters for my four existing comfort settings (Away, Home, Sleep, Peak).

For example, in the summer I want "Peak" to use 71F for heating, and 81F for cooling. But in the winter I want "Peak" to 74F for heating, and 78F for cooling.

I'd rather not use WebCore to 'take over' the full scheduling of the Ecobee, but rather 'set' comfort parameters and let the Ecobee do its thing schedule wise.

I don't think you can change the comfort settings from outside of the Ecobee app.

There is a pretty extensive list of all the commands available to you on this page. I don't see anything allowing changing of a built in comfort setting. Perhaps @storageanarchy or someone else knows of a way.

perhaps create a summer and winter comfort setting, or whenever your thermostat switches to peak comfort setting in either the summer or winter change the heating and cooling set point.

Ya I browsed through the commands and that's why I posted my question, since nothing jumped out at me for setting comfort parameters.

I'm having an issue with the thermostat "off" command. I can turn all my thermostats to 'off' via Webcore, but when the next comfort setting time period rolls around the thermostats turn back on. Is there some type of 'indefinite hold' mode command I can issue?

heatStages is 0. Not sure why this is.

Ecobee 4 with a stage 1 air-to-air heat pump

Just played with heat mode and it got the right heating setpoint but it did NOT say heating was active or update heatStages

Hi, thanks for this nice software ! I have just started today to use the smart humidity helper and I get this error message :

Here is the log :

Any idea why ? I am using Version 1.8.47.
Thanks.

New ES user (longtime HE user) here with a very basic question that I’m struggling to wrap my head around...

I’m using changes in my HE location modes to trigger changes to Ecobee programs. But what do I do with the Ecobee schedule? I don’t want a time-based schedule in Ecobee, nor do I want Ecobee to try to figure out if we’re home or not. All that logic is handled much better in HE. I want the HE mode to trigger the temp setpoints in the Ecobee programs. That’s it. But the schedule keeps getting in the way. And I can’t delete the schedule AFAIK.

Any ideas? What am I missing?

"I'm running Ecobee Suite Manager 1.8.47 on my HE. Currently, I use the Contacts & Switches helper to turn off my HVAC whenever a window is open in my house. It works great. I also use the Smart Mode, Programs & Setpoints helper to switch between heat/auto/cool HVAC modes based on the outside temperature. The issue I'm running into is that it'll be hot during the day (HVAC switches to COOL), then the evening brings cooler weather and we open up the windows to let in the cooler outside air. Opening the windows turns off the HVAC, as it should with the contacts helper app. Meanwhile, the temperature outside will fall below the setpoint to switch the HVAC to HEAT, but since the HVAC is set to OFF because of the contacts helper app, when I close all of the windows, the HVAC turns back on but is still set to COOL. Ideally, I'd close all the windows and the smart mode helper app would then kick in to realize the temperature outside has dropped below the setpoint and switch to HEAT, instead of the contacts helper app resuming the previous mode before the windows were open."

Did you ever get this resolved? I'm interested in doing the same for myself but am curious if you were able to work around this?

In preferences>Hold action on the Ecobee app I have it set to hold until I change it. So any change I make in the suite will hold and bypass the schedule if I want.

What I did was create a basic schedule in the Ecobee app. I then change that schedule in RM as necessary. With the Ecobee suite you can load different modes and have them hold until you change or change with the next schedule change.

1 Like

For those that want to control their HVAC via Hubitat the Ecboee is designed to be the "smart" item. I have played around with the setting in the Ecobee suite to keep settings until indefinably until changed but occasionally the thermostat would pop out of that mode with their smart sensors detecting an away event. That was a couple of years ago and I wonder if they have resolved the "Home/Away" when the setting is set to "hold"?

I'm considering installing this app due to the constant errors and re-authorization issues with the system Ecobee app. However, before I do, I'm wondering if these types of errors are eliminated or minimized when using this app, or is this just part of living with the Ecobee servers?

I never see these type of errors in my logs. I am sure there have been some errors but not on a consistent basis. I really don't look at the logs that often to be honest, only if there is an issue.

I just looked at my latest past logs and not a single error from 09:30 to 11:00.

1 Like

Unfortunately I haven't had time to resolve this yet. Before I know it, it'll be winter and then the problem will solve itself :smirk:

I never used the default Ecobee integration from Hubitat. I have been using the Universal Ecobee Suite for years since SmartThings. There has been times in the past where the oauth would fail and I would have to remove the integration in the Ecobee portal and start over but I haven't seen that in over a year or two.

1 Like

For those that follow, the above worked for me. If you want to control your Ecobee programs through ES and not have Ecobee actuate changes, this is the way (at least so far!). Thank you @terminal3!

It would be very nice to have an helper application for extreme weather events. By example, when there is freezing rain switch to auxiliary.

Yes.

1 Like

You can accomplish that easily using Rule Manager on Hubitat.

Something like that ?

But you'd probably want something to switch it back when not freezing rain