[DEPRECATED] Universal Ecobee Suite, version 1.7.**

This feels like a noob question, but I need to ask it. What is the best way to update the code? I have gone into the driver code, hit the import button, hit ok/save but it doesn't pull the new code down. Any suggestions on this are appreciated, sorry I couldn't figure it out myself!

You may need to cut/paste the import URL by hand the first time - I had the wrong URL for ES Thermostat before version 1.7.19, and for ES Sensor before version 1.7.06. Once at those versions, you shouldn't have to cut/paste anymore (HE remembers the Import URL for Applications).

Ecobee Suite Updates posted on 26 June 2019 at 2:40pm

• Ecobee Suite Manager version 1.7.22
    • Handle null temperature during initialization
    • Stop thermostatOperatingState from incorrectly transitioning through "idle" when equipmentStatus changes
    • Added support for the following additional equipmentStatus values:
      • ventilator, economizer, compHotWater and auxHotWater
  • Ecobee Suite Thermostat version 1.7.20
    • Added icons and text status for the following additional equipmentStatus values:
      • ventilator, economizer, compHotWater and auxHotWater

IMPORTANT NOTES

1. I do not have any of the 4 new components installed in any of my HVAC systems. I have attempted to cover all the possible cases of these devices, but there may be issues.

2. The vent options (ventilator & economizer) will only display if the only other equipment running is the fan or the equipment is idle. If the vents run during heating or cooling, this will not be reflected in thermostatOperatingStateDisplay or equipmentOperatingState

3. The hot water options will display when the thermostatOperatingState is one of ["heating", "fan only", "idle"] - I think this is the correct handling. *HotWater will also override the display of heat stages in the operating state icon.

If you run across any incorrect displays, please let me know ASAP.

These updates are recommended for ALL users of Ecobee Suite

1 Like

Ecobee Suite Thermostat version 1.7.21 posted 27 June 2019 at 11:20am

• Fixes null value in setFanMinOnTime

This fix is recommended for everyone

(@ryanwalexander - this one's for you, too!)

1 Like

Ecobee Suite Updates posted 4 July 2019 @ 6:45am EDT

Fixes include:

• Ecobee Suite Manager, version 1.7.23
    • More code optimizations for better performance & reduced overhead
  • Ecobee Suite Mode/Routines/Switches/Programs, version 1.7.13
    • Fixed holdType() and getEcobeePrograms() bugs
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Mode & Setpoints, version 1.7.11
    • Fixed typo in mode change logic

Additionally, I have posted a pre-release update to Smart Mode & Setpoints that adds the ability to change programs in addition to the thermostat mode based on outside temperature. This is NOT in the master tree, but can be manually copied from this URL. I would appreciate hearing from users who try this before I post it for general release.

These updates are recommended for everyone.

Barry, just an FYI, with the issue I was having under the built-in Ecobee integration not being able to authenticate (see the thread)

I installed your apps and driver and the same error comes up. Something funky is going on and the Habitat support has not yet responded to my support emails.

Can you share with me the Live Logging for Ecobee Suite Manager - we are looking for any error text that might explain the problem...

Silly question on this

Are you able to use all your own devices temp readings to calculate an average temp instead of ecobees room sensors?

Yes. If it registers in HE with temp you can select the device(s) in the app.

Many of the Helper apps use external temperature sensors, and these can be both native Ecobee sensors or any other sensor available to HE/ST. But it does not support averaging sensors to define the "current temperature" of the thermostat the way that Ecobee uses its own sensors.

Smart Vents, for example, tries to achieve a temperature goal based on any sensors by opening/closing vents while the HVAC runs. Smart Circulation controls the fanMinOnTime circulation to balance temps across multiple rooms (sensors). And you can change the setpoints or programs based on external temperature and/or delta between inside and outside temperatures.

Okay sounds cool.

Iā€™m going to have to dig into this to see how it works.

1 Like

The biggest thing I have had to unlearn is to just trust the system is doing what it says. Even though my thermostat is smart my bride and kiddos are smarter....for the past 2 years I walk by to see a "holding for next x hours/minutes" and immediately I would click the "x" button with an under-the-breathe explicative on how we waste money not letting the thermostat do its thing.

Since I stopped doing that and now the kiddos and bride see it "holding" they assume it is holding from previous set point. LOL! @storageanarchy app is doing great!

1 Like

@storageanarchy - back to the pause discussion...

So I like that the helpers get paused if I go into the app and click the button. What I am finding is that with our business I need the app to pause all helper apps at random times. The issue I am running into is the WAF. Is there anyway you could change the boolean to observe a switch? It is much easier for my wife to tell Alexa to turn on/off a switch than having her go into the Hubitat administration console.

Thoughts?

So, you want a "global pause (virtual) switch?"

I think I can do that...

1 Like

UPDATE: I just tried authenticating again today and now it is working. I updated to version: 2.1.2.117 so something changed and allowed it

There isn't much live logging since the failure occurs before it can initialize the app. This is the only logging at the time of the error. The app never initializes to allow any kind of logging other than this error.

Sometimes the Ecobee Servers can be down (or slow) for new authentications...that could have been your issue...

Ecobee Suite updates posted 9 July 2019 at 7:00pm EDT

This release brings several user-requested feature enhancements and a few important bug fixes:

• Ecobee Suite Manager, version 1.7.24
    • Handle DNS timeout errors on all Ecobee API calls
    • Changed displayName of Smart Vents & Switches Helper
    • Changed displayName of Smart Mode, Programs & Switches Helper
    • Added option to synchronize Global Pause with an external (virtual) Switch - as in: "Alexa, turn on Global Pause"
  • Ecobee Suite Open Contacts, version 1.7.25
    • Fixes HVACModeState bug that sometimes caused unpredictable behaviour
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Mode, version 1.7.12
    • Added support for changing Programs also
    • Changed displayName to Smart Mode, Programs & Setpoints Helper
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Vents, version 1.7.06
    • Added option to control one or more switches, e.g. to utilize on a blower or a fan when trying to balance temperatures
    • Changed displayName to Smart Vents & Switches Helper
  • Ecobee Suite Thermal Comfort, version 1.7.11
    • Added option to utilize the average/highest/lowest value of multiple Humidistats

These updates are recommended for all users.

2 Likes

Smart Mode and Vents didn't seem to change names?

I only changed the displayName which is used in ES Manager/Helpers list ('New Smart Mode, Programs & Setpoints Helper') and in the default label for the Helper settings. The file names in GitHub are the same, and it doesn't overwrite the name you gave the Helper instance.

Thanks! So can I edit the names under:

definition(
name: "ecobee Suite Smart Mode",