[DEPRECATED] Tasmota 7.x/8.x firmware for Hubitat + Tuya, Sonoff and other drivers

Yes, do check in the Tasmota Device List, but I believe it’s got a TuyaMCU. Just like the one I’ve ordered.
You’re the one who asked about Sonoff RF Bridge before, right? What is it that you wanted to use that for?

1 Like

I checked before my purchase and a guy on YouTube explained it supports a TuyaMCU.

I have replied back to you on the other thread given it's about the Sonoff RF Bridge. I wanted to use it for rolling out cheap RF motion sensors as opposed to move expensive Zigbee ones. Also just gives a lot more options with buttons etc too.

Hi @markus, @at9
I have successfully upgraded one of the new four pack SP10s :wink:
I first used tuya-convert on it and it was reporting Boot Version 4 ... i didn't know if this meant that i had to do a three stage upgrade to v7, but i couldn't find v5 so i attempted throwing in v7 basic ... but it wasn't connecting to my 2.4g wifi when i was entering the correct credentials. All my previous SP10s are using 2.4, but this new SP10 seems to only like my 5g network.
Anyway, i was then able to do the minimal & then the hubitat version.
Next I will start to do the side. Thank you for your help.

I still wasn't able to get the reset working on one of my older devices, but one with v7 basic installed is still functioning with my HE and the old driver but i am not able to access it's http page. Kinda weird. Anyway, progress !! i won't tell you how many hours i played on this today to get this far :slight_smile:

1 Like

That seems very odd as the chips don't support the 5g frequency.

Are all your old devices connected to your WiFi and if so can you send http commands to them?

1 Like

Glad it is mostly working, and as @at9 is saying, very strange with the 5G network part, I have not seen a chip in the ESP8266 series with 5G support, didn't know it existed. Are you SURE it is really the 5G network, or do you have a 2.4G network with the same SSID set? Many home routers do that.

As for the device that works but doesn't have a webpage, try to get status using this command:
http://[device ip]/cm?cmnd=Status%200
With password set
http://[device ip]/cm?user=admin&password=[device password]&cmnd=Status%200

If that works, you could try the Reset command described here.
Once you've read that and have decided you want to try, use an URL like the above with the reset commands, you could try eg Reset%204 or if that doesn't work Reset%202 . Read the docs first though.

2 Likes

Yes that’s what I remembered from a couple years ago when I was using an esp8266 with Arduino.

My 2.4 ssid is leonardo and my 5g is leonardo 5g.

But I do have the same password on both. Possible the module is getting confused.

When I tried connecting with the 2.4 ssid the device would reset and apparently try to connect but a minute later SP10 snapped back to AP mode and the ssid showed up on my phone. I repeated this three times.

When I scan for networks both ssid’s pop up. If a device can only connect to 2.4, the 5g ssid should be seen, no?

More work tomorrow. I might disable the 2.4 and see what hangs on. Thanks for the comments.

A 2.4G module can't see 5G networks, nor connect to them. Either you have an unknown version of ESP8266 (and the manufacturer have said they have no plans to create a 5G version, the last I saw, that was their stance last year), or you really have a 2.4G network being broadcast with the same SSID as the 5G one. Might be worth investigating what your router is really doing. And if you have a mesh or repeaters, this could very well happen. There are repeaters that by default connect on one frequency (5G) and rebroadcasts the same SSID on 2.4G.
Good luck and hope you get all things working, feel free to ask for more help!

1 Like

Maybe also look at this and see if it fixes your issue.

1 Like

@markus the only non wifi Tasmota device I am running is a Shelly 1. The current drivers can be found here. I use the Shelly Alarm driver (and so do others) so if we can bring this into your fold we would be sorted.

EDIT: honestly I would prefer it be on Tasmota anyways so I can isolate it on my NoT network rather than IoT.

Shouldn't be a problem, but I can't get in there, it requires a login.
I don't have any Shelly devices though.
Supporting Shelly Devices with Tasmota on them should be easy, and as for an alarm driver, that sounds like fun. Should get one of those alarms. But won't do it with a Shelly, they are very hard to get in China.

1 Like

I'll PM you the code for the alarm

1 Like

Thank you, your code is very nicely written!
Best of luck with your new job with Inovelli!

2 Likes

Thanks mate !

1 Like

Hi everyone!

I'm beginning to work with domotics and I'm setting up environments where I fell confident with the solutions to work it out how to work with them.

I've been watching this thread for a while and I'm really impressed with the work done with this Tasmota Hubitat integration - congratulations everyone, and, obviously, specially you @markus!

So, I'm experiencing some issues with a test setup I'm working with and I would like to request help to solve it.

I have the following environment setup regarding issues I'm experiencing:

a) Hubitat C5 - firmware 2.1.7.127 running:
a.1) Sonoff RF Bridge driver (Tasmota - Sonoff RF Bridge (Parent)) with "Insanely verbose" debug option on
a.2) Sonoff (kind of ..) C50W Smoke detector driver (Tasmota - RF/IR Smoke Detector (Child)) also with "Insanely verbose" debug option on

b) Sonoff RF Bridge R2 v1.0 running:
b.1) Tasmota Hubitat 7.1.2 driver ver 0.9.2
b.2) RF firmware Portisch (RF-Bridge-EFM88B1-20181127.hex)

c) A Hubitat Bridge device
c.1) Current status info
c.2) Current state variables

d) A child device of the Bridge device
d.1) Current status info
d.2) Current state variables (none)

e) A very basic rule that will log a message when the smoke detector status turn to "detected"

Well, when I press the button on the smoke detector I got the following messages at Hubitat's log:

with no firing of the "detected" event.

I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

I'm happy you like this implementation, and I love getting feedback!

I replied in the other thread, since this is a driver which will need a lot of discussion all by itself.

Hello,

Just starting out with Hubitat this week and this is the first thing I am trying beyond the basics.

I have used Tuya-Convert then your latest firmware to flash a UK power strip with 3 sockets and USB, that all can be individually controlled. Can login to the Tasmota directly and have configured and it works correctly, and I can toggle the sockets and usb all correctly in Tasmota

Now need to connect it to HE using your thread. The issue I have is that when I try to install the Tasmota-connect app, when I go to save it, I get the error message "unexpected char: '#' @ line 70, column 17." tried deleting the # but it then gave another error?? What do I need to do to correct the error.

Once I have managed to load Tasmota connect can I load the generic driver with multi relay support ( tasmota-generic-pm-plug-parent-expanded), will that then be all I need.

Welcome to Hubitat! I’m on my phone on my way to bed, but use the RAW link and the import button instead of copy-paste. Also, the drivers and apps to use are the EXPANDED.
For a multi-port switch you will need to install both the parent and child driver. Tell me how it goes and if you still have issues I’ll try to help more tomorrow.

Making progress.

Got Tasmota-connect-expanded installed and working.
Installed the the tasmota-generic-pm-plug-parent/child-expanded drivers installed.
and its all working as expected.

Thanks a lot for this another thing now with local control.

Power strip has 3 sockets (that can be controlled individually) and a group of 4 USB's (that can be controlled as a group). I configured it as shown below.

But I also have another power strip which I would like to convert to Tasmota, but this one has 4 sockets and a group of 4 USB's. The issue I have is that the Parent driver only allows you to select 4 relays, but his would need 5?
Think its configuration will be something like this (but have not done it yet so can not confirm).
4%20socket%20plus%20USB%20powerstrip
But it will need 5 child drivers to work and would appreciate your advice to get it to work also.

Again thanks a lot for this.

Yup, you guys were right. 2.4g

I upgraded to a new cable modem last week - after the tech left i set it up the same way as my last one - modem is not in bridge mode and is doing the DHCP for my wired & wireless. wifi is disabled on my modem and i have a netgear x8 R8500 AC5300 with leonardo (2.4) and leonardo (5g) ssid's.

Somehow the wifi on the router was re-enabled with bot 2.4 & 5g ssid's set to "leonardo 5g". I can only assume that this took place when i installed the ignite app on my phone, but to tell you the truth i have no idea.

My netgear was telling me today that the updated SP10's we 'wired' (huh?) well that was because they were hanging off the modem's 2.4g. Lesson learned.

I have three new & one old SP10 now upgraded to the 7.1.2 tasmota-hubitat so far and configured. i still haven't done any work on the HE side.

I have a new question. With sonoff-basic 6.5 these plugs reboot quickly and connect back to the wifi in 20 seconds or so. These new plugs with 7.1.2 always go into webserver mode, not just for three minutes, but more like 20-30 minutes. I attempted to modify WifiConfig parameter but didn't get any change.

1 Like