[DEPRECATED] Tasmota 7.x/8.x firmware for Hubitat + Tuya, Sonoff and other drivers

Hey I think I found a bug in the power monitor driver.
If I enable/disable the ip override it resets the module on the plug to the sonoff pow 43.
I set this in Tasmota and don't have the Setting Module enabled.

It's been fixed now, thank you for reporting it.

1 Like

Added "Mode Wake Up" to all dimmable devices for those who are interested, it uses the built-in wake up dimming feature of Tasmota. It can be called from RM.

1 Like

@markus

I was wondering if you have done any drivers for the Sonoff TX light switches? I have the Sonoff TX2 1,2 and 3 gang light switches, these are wifi and RF switches.

@greglsh These should work with the below drivers together (parent + child), for the 1-button version the Generic Wifi Switch/Light would work as well. Please give it a try and report your progress, if any modifications are needed I'll look at it. I have a Sonoff T2EU1C new in a box I haven't even tested yet... I just tested my Sonoff T2EU1C with the below drivers, all is working once I set the correct template. Just use the template for the right number of buttons from here, eg this one.

I concur with @jchurch. Less is more.

1 Like

I will check it out and revert back to you. Thanks again

@markus
loaded and all working well, thank you very much

1 Like

Announcement

As a first step in preparing for the refactoring of the drivers, the current drivers have been moved to the release branch, as such all update URLs have to change from master to release. This change should be done automatically next time you update the driver. The first post is updated to reflect this change, there may however be links in this thread which have not been updated, so please refer to the first post for correct driver links.

2 Likes

I used Tuya Convert to successfully flash 9 devices, configured them and added them into Hubitat. So first off, many thanks for this. Lastly, I think I goofed on #10. I accidentally flashed minimal to the device before any wifi config had been done. It broadcast an SSID, I can connect to it but I can't browse to it in a browser to configure it. I don't have any hardware means of flashing, all done via a pi and tuya convert. I'm screwed, yea?

Have a look at these docs, they should help you to recover:

Especially Fast Power Cycle Device Recovery. If this doesn’t work, ask again:) If it works, report your progress;)

1 Like

@markus Thanks for the reply.

No luck unfortunately. I did the fast power cycle process, few times actually, and had no luck. This thing is sealed so even if I had a serial option to flash it I'd have to dremel it open so I'm not going to worry about it. It's a learning process so I'm going to consider this a lesson learned and move along.

Hi guys, been a couple of weeks and I am now good.

I now have 17 Teckin SP10's running 8.1.0 (thank you @markus for the latest update).

{"NAME":"Teckin SP10","GPIO":[255,255,56,255,255,255,255,255,255,17,255,21,255],"FLAG":0,"BASE":18}

I did loose three devices during the update process, but i was able to get two of them back - lol. One is toast. I have de-lidded it and will ttl to it someday, but it's days as a plug are finished.

To be honest i did try to get drivers from @ericm first only because reading other recent threads saying your drivers were more complicated I was worried about my ability to get them running. But i quickly realized that none of the drivers seemed compatible with my devices. I ended up going with your Tasmota Generic Wifi switch/plug driver. The Sonoff Connect wasn't able to locate any devices but I have setup DHCP reservations for all my devices so I uninstalled Connect & changed the driver under virtual switches. Warning to others - if you do setup devices with Connect manually & then delete Connect, well it removes the devices you setup through it as well.

I was still having my wifi ap connecting issues and had to bring up another AP to figure it out. On my netgear R8500 I played with a bunch of stuff:

• disabled 20/40mhz coexistance
  • set preamble mode back to Long
  • reduced mode from 1000mbps down to 54mpbs - that helped but still not 100%

Googled a bunch and finally found two posted suggestions:

1. enable WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES] - but that would limit data rates back to 54mpbs (so my netgear warned)
  2. disable WMM

What? I never new they renamed QoS to WMM. Found it & killed it on my 2.4 only. BINGO.

So i just fixed this today and moved all the SP10s back to my netgear. But over the last two days while having the 17 devices on my other AP, I was experiencing overall slow system behavior. At this point i hope that it was just the poorer rssi to the SP10 - a few were reporting -70dbm. To tell you the truth i am surprised they were still talking. The slow system speed was not resolved immediately after a reboot, so it sounds like a bunch of retries were taking place.

Back on the correct AP, the system is back to snappy and i am about six hours in. The SP10s that are buried & I never actuate the switch locally, I did disable Hubitat/SmartThings option. I don't think this will cause any issues and i figured why have them blabbing back to the hub if I know their local state will never change w/o the hub initiating it.

I do have a question ... How often do the devices update back to the hub? Since i don't have any power or other sensors in the plugs, I only need them to update back to the hub if the switch has been pressed. Is this configurable in the FW? i'm just trying to reduce unnecessary traffic.

I haven't looked at the FW code yet. I have dug my esp8266 board and attempted to update & build an old project of mine with arduino, but i still have library issues. More reading required but i had to get this up and running first w/o deviating to re-learn how to compile a sketch.

Markus & Eric - thank you to both of you for your work on this.

1 Like

I was never able to get the fast power cycling to work on any of my devices ... and i tried!!

so far it's been working great with my teckin sb50v3, sb53 rbgwcct bulbs and qplus rgbww 5/6 inch'' downlights. only thing is when i turn on the bulbs with the fade setting on the bulbs it's a little jittery but turning off and changing colors is fine

1 Like

Great to hear!

IMPORTANT I just updated Tasmota Connect to NOT remove child devices on uninstall, Sonoff Connect still removes child devices on uninstall.

Once every 5 minutes with uptime and so on, it's the "heartbeat" so to keep track of the device being alive, it would be "needed". Not much traffic to speak of. You can change it with the command teleperiod. The driver automatically sends this command, so it will reset to 5 minutes when running Configure. I should probably remove that command from non-sensor drivers... I have it set to avoid people setting it incorrectly and then not getting updates.

Strange, I've resurrected devices that way... It should work, maybe your devices take longer to mark the bootup, it can be a bit of a timing issue...

Have you tried playing around with the speed command here:

And maybe some other commands? If you find a combo that works, I can implement that in the driver.

Too bad, the fast power cycle might need some timing, too fast and it doesn't work, too slow and it doesn't work...

ya i messed around with the speed from 1-5 and it seems just when turning on the bulbs it's abit choppy but when turning them off or changing between colors it's nice and smooth

Ok, it probably can't handle the low dimming values well... Is "Mode Wake Up" smooth for you? And Set level is also choppy? Someone with a more varied set of dimmable lights running Tasmota can probably give you better help, mine are all fine basically whatever I do...