[Deprecated] Ring Alarm Keypad G2 - New Dev/Driver/Thread Links in 1st post!

New version on GitHub...

1.0.6 - 01/02/22 - Pull request by @dkilgore90 - Added more options!

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @bptworld have you found any of the volume related functions to work? When I play any of the tones (Tone_4 through 9 I've tested) it doesn't matter what I set my volume to for keytone, siren, or announcements... volume 10 and volume 5 are identical.

Since you've spent more time in this driver than anybody else, any thougths?

Just did some testing...

• Keytone volume works
  • Announcement volume works
  • Siren volume only works with the first 3.

Not sure why tones 4 - 9 don't follow the same pattern. Will have to play around with this.

Thanks

I've been poking around some of the zwave specs to better understand the capabilities of the device. The Indicator Command class revolves around SDS14220

From this, the value:0x63 for tones 4-8 sets an explicit volume of 99%, and value:0x10 for tone 9 (and test) is an explicit volume of 16%. A value of 0xFF, per the spec, is supposed to restore/use the most recent non-zero level, so it should respect the volume settings. My wife (and my dogs) don't want ours to make any noise, so I have all of our volumes set to 0, and haven't tested this

Armed with that info, I just did a quick test and was able to change the volume of the tones! I'll have a new version out this afternoon!

Thanks @dkilgore90

2 Likes

Alright, here's something to test... ( I couldn't resist! ).

1.0.7 - 01/09/22 - Fixed Chime Tone Volume

Going to be gone a few hours so hopefully it works! lol :wink:

1 Like

Works like a champ, thank you!

WAF just went up by exactly the amount that the volume went down :wink:

1 Like

@bptworld FYI, We don't see the update in HPM yet...

Sorry, try again

From this post here Synchronize Ring Alarm Keypad v2 with Alarmo - #10 by andrew3 - Blueprints Exchange - Home Assistant Community, it sounds like a newer ring keypad firmware v1.18 enables motion events. Have you confirmed if your keypad with the new firmware sends motion events or not?

Looks like it does. It works a little different then the other features but it was easy enough to add. Will have a new version out soon.

New version on GitHub...

1.0.8 - 01/18/22 - Added Motion detection (keypad firmware 1.18+)

1 Like

How exactly can I set the 3 extra buttons?
On the device page I cannot find a function to set, and in Notifications or button controller app the keypad is not selectable.

Currently this is only reflected in the lastCodeName attribute -- "police", "fire", "medical" -- so you would need to use Rule Machine or a custom app to subscribe to events on this attribute and do the comparison. This could easily be adapted to a "holdableButton" capability, though... I may play with it later today.

I use my Event Engine to trigger based on which button was pressed. Can also handle non-security codes to trigger other Cogs.

Nice, but not everybody uses event engine I think.
Would be cool If we could trigger in rulemachine: If button pressed.

The same thing is possible via Rule Manager using a custom attribute trigger. Ex:

With a button capability, you would have to remember the mapping to a button number - I see both sides of this

Nothing stopping you, just have use the device attribute as the trigger.

New version on GitHub...

1.0.9 - 02/04/22 - Added Button Push/Hold capabilities @dkilgore90

From @dkilgore90 :
Added PushableButton and HoldableButton capabilities

Any push or hold of a number pad button will generate the relevant event in Hubitat. This applies only to entries which are not subsequently submitted using the check mark or one of the Security Mode buttons, and as such the idle timeout of the keypad (approx. 4s in my testing) must be reached before it sends the event to the hub. Recognize that this may limit its usefulness as a button controller, but as the keypad sends distinct events for such a case, might as well expose this for anyone who may want to use it.

Since I was adding the HoldableButton capability, also mapped the Emergency buttons to numbers:

• Police: 11
  • Fire: 12
  • Medical: 13

Is it possible to use this driver while using the ring integration driver or does the keypad need to be connected to hubitat directly and not through the ring hub?