[DEPRECATED] Kasa Plug, Switch, and Bulb integration

The plug-switch is what you want to use. All plugs (except the dimmer) were combined into a single driver several years ago (to reduce my workload and simplify installation instructions).

Dave

2 Likes

Do you recommend in the future, or will there be pro's and con's?

When the migrate function is fixed, I will recommend going to the built-in integration!

You mean going to the built-in integration?

YES, the built-in app.

Has anyone had issues with their Kasa switches becoming unresponsive in HE when connected with the built-in app? They've been working fine for me in the past, but over the past few weeks their reliability has been more inconsistent. A lot of the rules I have with these devices have failed to turn on or off and also when I try to manually switch them in HE. They work correctly in the Kasa app though. Thoughts?

Built-in or Custom integration? (it makes a difference).

First thought is to check you deviceIPs on the devices where you are having issues. When you installed, the instructions said to set static IP addresses for the devices. If you failed, then the IP of the device may change and then the Hubitat integration will not work.

Dave

Built-in integration. I didn't set the static IPs for each device, so I'll go back and do that. Is there a way of updating the config once I set the IPs so that I don't have to delete and re-add the devices?

Not with the built-in app (one of the issues). If the IP has changed, you will have to uninstall and reinstall. (sorry).

If I run the “Test device LAN status and list devices by IP address” and they’re all there and say “Passed” then does that mean they should be working?

no. The ip address on the device's edit page must equal the IP address within your router. The built-in app is currently disconnected from the devices (otherwise, the IPs would be updated). You must uninstall/reinstall.

So I just checked and all IPs match. So not sure that was the issue. Is there anything else that would cause the device to be unresponsive when trying to control it through HE but not through the Kasa app?

1 Like

Going to PM.

I'm having a weird issue here over the past few days too. Reliability issues from automations turning some lights on/off. (Not consistent though).

I also notice that if I turn a kasa device on from a dashboard is goes out to lunch for a few seconds then finally updates that the device turned on or not.

Using the test/list devices tool, they were all coming up pass/fail at random. Using the Ping tool, all devices all respond 100% success every time. After rebooting the hub the test/list devices tool responds all passed.

Driver version shows null on all of them if that means anything. All devices show installed:yes

This is with the built in app.

I moved to the built in integration when released. I had issues with the migration button so I just rebuilt what I had. I only have half a dozen devices so it wasn't a big deal.

I want to come back to the user integration. It's taking too long for HE to implement any needed "fixes". It truly does feel like they abandoned the built in Kasa integration.

Can I just reinstall the community version and then just change my rules from the "built in devices" to "user devices?" Will I have issues with 2 HE devices referencing the same physical device?

In hindsight, I should have just left the community integration alone as it was working just fine.

Thanks

1 Like

Sadly, the only way to return is to uninstall and then reinstall the whole Kasa Integration. News is that Hubitat is about to update to the latest version.

2 Likes

I suspected. I will use placeholders so the rules won't break.

Thanks for the quick reply. I can get this done this afternoon while the grandkids nap.

1 Like

For some reason, I've been adding devices today, but not sure why....I can't run them local like I was doing a few weeks ago. Reading the last few posts, I did upgrade to the latest version and still using the "user code" any ideas?

What devices did you try to add? Did the add successfully?

I also need debug logs when you attempt to control the devices to see what is going on

Also, when you added, you did do a LAN discovery??????.

The problem exist between the keyboard and the chair on this one. Looks like I got a bit ahead of myself and changed the subnet on my DHCP server. Switches had been assigned the wrong IP, The system wouldn't see it as a local IP and assign cloud based, Thanks for trying, your questions opened. my eyes.

1 Like