[DEPRECATED] Kasa Plug, Switch, and Bulb integration

The if is to determine current attribute value before changing. Then, if false (not set), it sets commsError to true. So, it is correct.

Error process design.
The first and second command failures are retried automatically.
On the third, the app is asked to perform a fix - polling each child device and (if found) updating the IP address. Then the command is tried again. The fourth try sets the comms error as well as changing polling interval to 30 minutes.

Future failures are not retried (until the comms error is set to true).

The comms error is kept true until there is a successful entry. At that time, commsError is set false and the poll interval is reset to the user selection. And the cycle starts again.

1 Like

Can someone confirm if the KP200 works with the current KASA integration?

1 Like

Yes it does. I have a couple of these.

2 Likes

Thanks, so does it pair as 2 different outlets?

1 Like

Yes it does.

2 Likes

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Couple of follow up questions if I may,

Does the KP 200 report energy and what is the purpose of Kasa Cloud Binding toggle?

The KP 200 does not support the EM functions.

Cloud bind: If the device is binded to the Kasa Cloud, then
a. the Kasa Cloud will maintain the state (Kasa request a periodic update over the WAN.
b. you can control the device with the Kasa Phone App when not at home OR away.
If not bound:
a. the Kasa Cloud will not maintain the state
b. you will only be able to control through the Kasa Phone App when at home (and your phone is on the local LAN).

1 Like

Got it. Thank you very much for the work you have put into this app.

To delete, the integration must be unistalled from Hubitat itself. There is not a means to unlink.

OK. The message indicates the driver is not installed. One possible reason for the HPM error earlier is the driver Kasa Plug Switch is missing from your Drivers folder.

In hpm, try a repair and see if that restores the missing driver.

If not, in hpm, modify the package Kasa and add the missing driver (All Plug-Switches).

repairing didn't work and trying to modifying gave me this message:
Nothing to modify
You did not make any changes.

Is the driver in your folder? If not, you need to get it from the source and place in the folder. I AM NOT the person to ask about HPM.

driver file location: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DaveGut/HubitatActive/master/KasaDevices/DeviceDrivers/Plug-Switch.groovy

Excuse me while I take this opportunity to thank you for your work on this integration. I've purchased a few different Kasa products and along with your app they are working perfectly.

It is

Only other thing is there is already a device installed with the same Device Network id. other than that, I am lost.

1 Like

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

did it work?

NEW VERSION AVAILABLE.

Version 6.5.2 is now available.

Update Note: After updating the APP and DRIVERS, do one of the following to assure proper operation (especially of the EM Funtion). Either of these actions will configure all devices and the app to new data and updated scheduling.

• Open the App and simply exit OR,
  • Open any ONE device's edit page and select the command "configure"

Link to change description: HubitatActive/Changes-6_5_2.pdf at master ยท DaveGut/HubitatActive (github.com)

4 Likes

I like the release notes layout @djgutheinz. And the changes too, of course :slight_smile:

2 Likes