[DEPRECATED] Kasa Plug, Switch, and Bulb integration

What type of device?
The software is working as expected. The problem is the device is not found at the IP address (see bottom message the error message comes from the Hub). Possible causes:

• The device is not powered on.
  • The device's IP address has changed and is not 192.168.86.134.
    • Corrective action for IP address change:
      • Run Application
      • Select Add Device/Update Device Data.
      • Verify device is on list (if not, then the device is either not on same segment as Hub or the device is not powered.)
      • Exit Application and try again.

Never mind. I think I figured out which application you are talking about. Thanks will dig through more

1 Like

I was able to add that device. When I tried to add my other plug I'm getting below error.

2021-01-26 03:39:57.250 pm [warn] (http://192.168.86.41/installedapp/configure/161)6.0.0 Failed to install device. Data = 50C7BF0666B2={ip=null, appServerUrl=https://use1-wap.tplinkcloud.com, plugNo=null, alias=My Smart Plug, model=HS110, type=EM Plug, deviceId=8006CE4A43AD334D6F5670A0CAC5adsads, dni=50C7BF0666B2, plugId=null}

Did you install the Driver for the Kasa EM Plug?

Additionally, This indicates that the plug was not detected at the local LAN level (ip is null) - but was detected in using the cloud connection.

What is the device IP of your Hub? The Device?

I used HPM to install Kasa Integration and it looks like didn't install all the drivers. Once I installed Kasa EM Plug driver from your GitHub I'm able to connect the device fine now.
Thanks for awesome support.

1 Like

Do not worry. Are you still having problems?

No. The plugs seem to be working great! I have installed 2 of the dual plugs and they work fine.
I even created a virtual switch that controls all 4 plugs and they ripple on/off great.

I just wish I could force a static IP add. in the plugs. The best I can do is to manually assign an IP address within the router's DHCP range. That eats up addresses within the DHCP server's range.
Still about the same though.

Thank you for your help!

@djgutheinz, I may have have missed it in this thread but has polling been removed for HS200. I'm getting this error.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Command 'setPollInterval' is not supported by device. on line 6429 (appButtonHandler)

The error occurs from RM4: setPollInterval(10) on Garage light (garage sw)
The setPollInterval is no longer an option in the custom action. The rule worked until the last update.

I've done a repair of the driver, Saved preferences.

I think I have missed something.
I do not think i have the most recent integration, though it updated through Hubitat Package Manager.

I am running Kasa Local Hubitat Integration, Version 6.0.0
is that the most recent version?

When I check the documentation, it lists preferences I do not have for my devices.

Set Poll Interval is no longer an available external command for the plugs. Poll interval is now set via preferences. The error is rule machine not seeing the command.

If you want (tell me), I can add setPollInterval back into the code.

I assume you are talking about the documentation at the link:

"HubitatActive/Documentation.pdf at master · DaveGut/HubitatActive · GitHub"

That is the current documentation.

I would like to quick poll a wall switch HS200. I understand the risks of quick polling. With quick polling I can optimize the use of Hubitat resources.

In the preferences I have the poll set to 5 minutes. I don't need any polling almost all the time. Once the light is on I poll for a manual off at the switch. The quick poll is only on for a few minutes before it is turned off.

I appreciate all the time and effort you put into the TPlink drivers. Thank you.
If you could put the quick polling back for the HS200 I would be grateful and happy.

Next version will add back the command setQuickPoll with input in seconds. Probably next week. Sorry for my error.

I do something similar to that as well with my monitoring of the dishwasher and washing machine. The plugs normally only poll every 30 minutes since I’m not interested in when the appliances are turned on. But once the normal poll detects that the appliance has been turned on, RM will set quick poll to every 30 seconds as I want to know when it has finished. Once it has finished it goes back to polling every 30 minutes.

Thanks for considering putting it back @djgutheinz!

1 Like

No apologies required.

Well yes I am.
In your screen shots of the device's configuration, there is a box for the IP address.
I do NOT have that box, nor the same application's page.
Has this been removed?
I did assign a static IP address for my two double outlets in my router, and when I click on the gear icon on Kasa app, I see in the application state my four plugs listed with the IP addresses that I assigned to each pair, but no where in the device's page is there any ability to set the IP address.
Has this changed?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled about 3 times, and nothing has changed.
Just wondering if this has been changed?

Thank you.

You can no longer set the IP address directly (the Wiki is being updated now). To update, run the app and select add devices/ update device data.

The IP for the device is on the device's page at the botom under data value deviceIp.

also, in the log I am getting this error:
dev:3682021-02-01 11:58:23.131 warnone SendCmd: IP address updat attempted within last hour./nCheck your device. Disable if not longer in use.

dev:3682021-02-01 11:58:21.936 infoone setSysInfo: switch: on

dev:3682021-02-01 11:58:16.772 warnone Check: Device Name must be first 5 characters of Model (i.e., HS200).

dev:3682021-02-01 11:58:16.768 warnone socketStatus = send error: Socket closed

dev:3682021-02-01 11:58:16.554 warnone Check: Device Name must be first 5 characters of Model (i.e., HS200).

dev:3682021-02-01 11:58:16.550 warnone socketStatus = send error: Socket closed

dev:3682021-02-01 11:35:38.855 infoone setSysInfo: switch: off

dev:3682021-02-01 11:35:38.222 infoone setSysInfo: switch: on

--- Live Log Started, waiting for events ---

The device name is KP400 so it IS the device name and it IS 5 characters.
Strange! When this happens, the plug(s) take about 30 to 60 seconds to respond sometimes, and other times it is right away.
I have created a virtual switch to turn them all on and off together, just to test.

OK that answers that question. I thought I had missed something and that is why I tried several times and read and re-read the instructions multiple times just to make sure.
Thanks!

I think I found the loooong delay problem and what might be causing it.
I have 5 ecobee4 stats and am running Ecobee Suite Manager ver. 1.8.52 by Barry Burke.
I has tons of features that I have yet to fully use.
I does update the stat's status over the internet and is cloud based using wifi.
Ecobee has been know to be very slow with stat updates and sometimes goes down as well. A VERY big negative in the Ecobee community!

From what I have seen so far is that when the stats are updating/polling, wifi response from other apps (like Kasa) seem to halt, or at least have to wait for the stats to finish. Probably because Ecobee Suite has "grabbed" the wifi interface and doesn't let go until it's polling has completed.
This would probably be true with any wifi app in Hubitat.

I will watch it further just to see.
This is my wild guess... I am NOT versed in how Hubitat uses wifi.

1 Like