[Deprecated] Hampton Bay Zigbee Fan Controller Driver (with Component Devices)

For pairing the device the remainder still holds true.

1 Like

I am looking for similar app
4 Speed Ceiling Fan Thermostat

I added Iris 3210-L on second floor so I can paring, now I have other 2 KOF to paring on same floor. Thank you very much for this tips.

Are you using a custom driver? Or the built in Hubitat driver? Most of us have migrated to the built-in driver, and turn on the switch to create the two child devices, one for the fan and one for the light. These should show up in just about every app.

I was under the impression that the start raising was supported by the native driver. Since it doesn't look like I'm getting a complete answer. It's fine.

In the built in driver there is an option to create child devices but not all 4 like in the custom driver. That's one of the "benefits" I was referring to in the first post of the custom driver.

Well, I already went and removed both devices again and re-added them based on @ogiewon's comment. I'm not doing them all again. LMAO

1 Like

There are ways to get the dashboard buttons you need. It just takes a few more steps. You can create a custom command for each setSpeed and tie each to a virtual button.

LMAO...you mean do by hand exactly what the custom driver does. Yeah, I know.

Lol....I patented the quad-child creation process and @mike.maxwell refused to pay the licensing fees.

Actually, its 6:
High
Med-high
Med
Low
Comfort Breeze
Light

Also just found that the native driver doesn't change the status of the switch if you turn on the light with the built in child device. So, it's back to your custom drivers for me. :slight_smile:

I gave him 2 for free with the hope he'd pay for the complete package. Nope...took the 2 and ran.

1 Like

I am adding these drivers today my friend in my journey of migrating off ST. :grinning:

1 Like

No need. The hubitat has driver built in. I would try those first. If for some reason it doesn't do what you need then you should use the custom ones. I've been using the built in drivers since they added component support.

1 Like

I didn't realize the support was built in? This HE platform just continues to give me cool surprises. Coolio :sunglasses:

I just put one of these in and did the dance trying to get it to pair. Finally got it to start blinking and it paired and I was able to control it perfectly from the parent device.

Then I got adventurous and checked the "create the 2 additional devices" and hit save. Tried to use the child devices, nothing. Tried to use the parent, nothing. Tried removing the children, nothing. Looking at the Zigbee logs, the fan hasn't spoken or been spoken to since the point at which I created the two devices.

Any thoughts? My next step is to remove the parent, reset the fan and re-pair it. Rinse and repeat. ill report back what happens.

They sure are tricky to get paired. Im still not sure which step resulted in the magic blinking. Certainly just sitting there turning it off and on trying to nail the magic 3 second interval cadence did nothing. Never got it to blink, tried for ages. I ended up opening up the wall switch plate and removed the wire nut to power cycle the unit, and maybe that, along with multiple unacknowledged attempts at resetting it, along with having the HE app open in pairing mode and waiting just the right amount of time, all just at the right moment. Oh and I had to stand on one leg, and only on days with a F in the name. Then it pairs. :wink:

Do you have a Zigbee repeater in the same room as the fan? If not, you’ll never get it to work reliably.

1 Like

I do - a Sylvania Smart+ plug.

1 Like

There are two models of this plug. One with a -a and one without. Evidently one is not a great repeater. I've only used the Iris plug as a repeater and it works very well. Dunno if anyone else has had success with the Sylvania.

I have the A version and it seems to work just fine as a repeater, so far. One of the Amazon comments states that both models work as repeaters. Maybe that issue is specific to Xiaomi?

I just hooked up a second fan controller on my desk and put HE into pairing mode and waited, nothing. Not surprising seeing as I'm a couple of rooms and a floor away from my hub. Then I plugged in the Smart+ switch and pressed the button, it was discovered immediately and then within a second or two, the Hampton Bay showed up too.

I went ahead and created the child devices and they work fine on this test one on the bench, so all good - ill go and remove and re-pair the installed one and try again.