[Deprecated] GE/Jasco Zwave Plus Dimmer Switch with Double Tap, Associations

It is interesting it doesn't work on your device. The difference between the in-box and my driver is that it sends a basic OFF command, whereas I dump the switch to 0 level via the setLevel command.

My de vices are mainly:
applicationVersion:5.26
zWaveProtocolVersion:4.34

So mine are older than yours. It would be easy enough to switch the off to a basic set command, though. Maybe this weekend.

Yes, but keep in mind that is just to send an event to Hubitat - that has nothing to do with sending messages to/from the physical device.

I am willing to try, if you give me the jist of where I need to go to get the info to do it. The code is decently easy enough to follow, I think. I code for a living.

Should be easy, but Jasco did some goofy things on basic reporting to support doubletap. Off the top of my head I would do:

Comment out line 299 ( setLevel(0, 0)).

Add two new lines below it:
sendEvent(name: "switch", value: "off", descriptionText: "$device.displayName was turned off [digital]", type: "digital", isStateChange: true)

delayBetween ([zwave.basicV1.basicSet(value: 0x00).format(), zwave.basicV1.basicGet().format()], 1000)

This has a couple of goofy side effects on reporting, so I should take a few minutes and do this properly. I should have time over the 3 day weekend.

Anyway, we should be discussing this in the thread for this driver, not in this deprecated thread for a completely different driver....

Moving conversation to other thread.

I wonder if this is related to my zooz zen24 dimmer with latest firmware, whose driver supports double tap.
I have an issue with button controller 3.0 . I have a zooz zen24 dimmer using the zooz central scene dimmer. , if I issue the double tap from device page, it responds to my button(turns on a light), but if I double tap the switch, the button action does not respond and the action does not occur.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.