[DEPRECATED] Enhanced GoControl GC-TBZ48 Z-Wave Thermostat Driver

Yea .. I don’t know why anyone would rely on batteries for a thermostat... Plus z-wave and zigbee thermostats make great repeaters, and are usually located pretty centrally in your house..

Agreed. Battery thermostats make me nervous. All 4 of mine have c wires. :+1:

1 Like

I am very particular on my indoor temperatures... I would loose my sh1t if it was hot because of dead batteries... I actually am hooking up these thermostats in every room of the house to do zone controlled temperatures.. I was using virtual thermostats but like the ability to hit the physical buttons instead of having to pull out the app every time..

I will release my temperature zone controller app when it’s done... It will allow you to control smart vents and central.. It will also allow you to use window units and space heaters on smart plugs... As well as having the option of using virtual or real thermostats.. Still in the early phase of development.. But it will allow you to set individual comfort temperatures for different people / rooms of the house and integrate presence no need to cool/heat a room not in use..

I am by no means an electrician or an ac tech... But I found this

My central has C-Wire.. So I am only using these in the absence of a central unit.. But it should work..

1 Like

Ok great thanks again. I'll be sticking to just Hubitat issues going forward

I’m not fussing.. Just warning that my advice was not expert on that subject..

No, totally understand. I just meant others probably wouldn't appreciate my electrical issues and it would be better for all if i just stuck to Hubitat issues. You and Jason been great and have supplied me with a ton of valuable information . Thank you again!

1 Like

Anytime

Pushed a quick fix for a bug reported .. In filterMaxTimer reporting.. Issued a pull request back to your original..

Should be merged now. Thanks again @bcopeland .

1 Like

That was quick

Github still showing last update 2/1/2020, does it take a while to update?

I didn't update the header/rev text.

EDIT: I just updated the header text, like I probably should have to begin with.

OK, here goes. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm SURE you can't wait lolo

Same issue- heres the log:

What is the issue? I see debug logs .. but not error

I'm new to all this, sorry. When I saw "In parse, map is null" I thought it wasn't receiving info from the thermostat. Does this only show when I press Configure? I never see this using the default HE driver. Also I can swear in Device area for the GoControl that when I use the enhanced driver under EVENTS, nothing appears compared to the standard HE driver which shows heating or pending heat etc. Look at the time frame from 9.55am and 10.22am - all other reporting is approx every 10 minutes but when I used the new driver nothing shows until I put the old driver back.

It shouldn't show anything unless the device has something to send.. Did the temperature change? or did the thermostat start cooling or heating during that time?

There is a configuration parameter "Temperature delta before autosending data to hub...

Also Temperature Time Delta.. You can choose to send every x minutes.. or only on temperature change.. I prefer my devices not to talk unless they have something new to report...