[DEPRECATED] Enhanced GoControl GC-TBZ48 Z-Wave Thermostat Driver

Github still showing last update 2/1/2020, does it take a while to update?

I didn't update the header/rev text.

EDIT: I just updated the header text, like I probably should have to begin with.

OK, here goes. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm SURE you can't wait lolo

Same issue- heres the log:

What is the issue? I see debug logs .. but not error

I'm new to all this, sorry. When I saw "In parse, map is null" I thought it wasn't receiving info from the thermostat. Does this only show when I press Configure? I never see this using the default HE driver. Also I can swear in Device area for the GoControl that when I use the enhanced driver under EVENTS, nothing appears compared to the standard HE driver which shows heating or pending heat etc. Look at the time frame from 9.55am and 10.22am - all other reporting is approx every 10 minutes but when I used the new driver nothing shows until I put the old driver back.

It shouldn't show anything unless the device has something to send.. Did the temperature change? or did the thermostat start cooling or heating during that time?

There is a configuration parameter "Temperature delta before autosending data to hub...

Also Temperature Time Delta.. You can choose to send every x minutes.. or only on temperature change.. I prefer my devices not to talk unless they have something new to report...

Yes, heat came on but nothing shows. Don't worry about it. I've bothered you and Jason enough. I'll put the new driver back in and test it for a day. As long as I'm getting heat snd it can't hurt anything, I'm fine with that and see what appears in the next 24 hours. Appreciate all your work in this

AHHHHH I bet thats why I don't see the info as quickly as previously. The Default on the Enhanced driver is 2 degrees for Temp Delta and 0 for Temp Time delta. I guess increasing those and talking more to the hub and device would use more battery? Guess I'll leave the defaults as is. Thanks again. Learning so much at the expense of giving you guys a headache- SORRY

Yea .. That would wait until a 2 degree change before reporting

I see what I was looking at that was confusing me in the Device EVENT section- The "description text" is blank with the Enhanced driver however the 'Value" section posts the heat is on or off unlike the default driver that does populate the description text. Doesn't look like there's an option to enter description texting, but no biggie. The important things is the value shows

Description text is, and has always been, optional. It isn't required in the driver spec. Not coincidentally, that's also why you can't trigger/filter on description text in RM.

That said, I have no issues improving it, if it would add value to others.

1 Like

Don't do it for me. Its not needed. I just reference it to why my cloudy brain kept thinking nothing was being reported, when in fact it was but just under the Value section. GREAT DRIVER with a ton of configurations. Thanks again Jason !!

For ALL that had the same issue as I did with the use of batteries in my Gocontrol thermostat (this applies to almost any Smart thermostat also), Honeywell has a GREAT Video that explains that you can use the "G" terminal wire as your "C" common wire thus allowing you to have your thermostat powered up by your furnace 24 volt system and NOT have to rely on batteries .

*****PLEASE Note *****- as stated in the Youtube video YouTube , this prevents you from just turning on your fan only. Your fan WILL function correctly with your heat but not if you just want to turn on your fan separately. ALSO, this requires you to work at your furnace and re-position your "G" terminal wire to your "C" terminal wire AND (very important) use a wire to bridge both "G" and 'Y" terminals together which allows your fan to work correctly when your heat turns on.

The above work around worked PERFECTLY for me and takes little time. I take no responsibility for your system but I'm just informing you of this workaround that I found and to watch the video carefully if you do decide to do it. Also remember if you had your thermostat configured with a battery on Hubitat that you have to reset the thermostat and Exclude then ADD the thermostat back into Hubitat so it knows its now not running with a battery

Once again I have to give SPECIAL THANKS to Jason and Bcopeland for ALL their patience and help with the Enhanced Gocontrol driver that I'm also using now

3 Likes

Updated to v2.0.0 on github. Only change is to try and fix a battery report error.

1 Like

NOTICE: DRIVER HAS BEEN DEPRECATED.

If you need advanced functions not in the in-box driver, consider using @bcopeland driver, located here. It has much cleaner code as well as some tweaks and improvements in reporting reliability that my driver did not have.

There is really no reason to use my driver over his, and a number of reasons why you should use his over mine. That said, if you are using mine, and it is working fine, then it should continue to work fine. There just won't be any further development on it.

3 Likes

Thanks for supporting this device @JasonJoel . Just making the switch from Nest myself and your code and sample apps have been very helpful.

Will continue on with @bcopeland's driver

2 Likes

Just bench testing my new GoControl stat.
I am using driver bcopeland's v1.5 (thank you for the driver!), and it seems to be working GREAT!
I created a dashboard tile to control it, and found a problem with fan control.
I can change the fan mode from Auto to On, but when I try to change from On to Auto, nothing happens and this error occurs in the log:

Is this a bug or something else?
I can set the mode from within the device page, just not with the dashboard tile.

(should have been bcopeland's driver..... that's what you get for not paying attention!)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.