[DEPRECATED] Echo Speaks

perfect timing....a couple of days ago i posted here about the same exact thing ans said i would show how i made mine install, I never did find "instructions" on how to do this so here is what i did.

1. use manual install
  2. device install = drivers code (follow these instructions as a guide)
  3. smartapp install = apps code (do same as number two)

This should get you to the point of having the driver and app installed on HE. I fumbled around with deciphering the ST guide to HE. follow the rest of his guide for activating it and such and i did all of this with just using a web browser...no app. reply back here and i can update if you get stuck. good luck and works awesome so far on my system! great job to the developer!

Hey tonesto, is there a way and if so, would you recommed running Echo Speaks on a different hub and using HubConnect to control the devices from another hub? I have a SmartThings hub with literally nothing on it but connected to my Hubitat through HubConnect... Wondering if I would get any bennefit by taking that processing to another hub...

By the way, V3 beta is pretty cool... Thanks for all your hard work.

1 Like

Evening all - got everything deployed and seems to work on two echo dots. Unfortunately, it doesn't properly recognize my two ecobees (newest smart thermostats - aka ecobee 5).

I get Family: UNKNOWN and Announcements/TTS: false for both of them.

Any ideas on how to correct that for the ecobees?

where is everyone getting V3? in an update?

A few posts up, tonesto published a link to his slack channel for the beta... Get there to see whats going on with the app and from there you will find links to the beta... :slight_smile:

thx

For some reason a couple of my devices have stopped working for text to speech. Things like say goodnight still work however.

Any advice?

Somehow do not disturb was stuck on and I had to reboot those echos. Everything is working now.

1 Like

Your not alone... I have issues locally (not related to ES) with some of my Echo's lately.

Same here, lately its been hit and miss. Without me changing anything, it works again :expressionless:

Hi, the Slack link is no longer working... beta now closed?

No, beta channel is still there along with the other slack channels.

Link didn't work for me.

@tonesto7

Any chance to check on why Pushover devices don't show on the Notifications section and an option to add the Hubitat Mobile device for notifications as well? I wonder if it would be better to just give an option for any device that supports notifications so Pushover or any other notification device can be used.

I've tried this many times and running on the latest beta version, this seemed to always be an issue even before the beta builds.

HI-

So I've got a Rule Machine rule that starts my flashbriefing. Works just fine on single echos, but it doesn't work with my Multiroom WHA devices. Should it?

• permissions : {reminders=false, flashBriefing=false, followUpMode=false, connectedHome=false, alexaGuardSupport=false, volumeControl=true, tuneInRadio=true, amazonMusic=true, spotify=true, alarms=false, bluetoothControl=false, announce=false, iHeartRadio=true, pandoraRadio=true, TTS=false, mediaPlayer=true, doNotDisturb=false, isMultiroomMember=false, wakeWord=false, siriusXm=false, isMultiroomDevice=true, microphone=true, appleMusic=false}

Can I change these permissions or is this just a limitation of amazon multi-room groups?

Anyway, for other's reference, here's a simple Rule Machine example:
Type of Action is "Set Mode or Variables, Run Custom Action"

I believe it is an Amazon imposed limitation

1 Like

doesn't work for me either

Might I try the beta if I promise not to bug you with noob questions? I mean, I did get V2.6 running without as much as a peep. Right? Thanks in advance! And, thanks for the very useful App and Driver!!

1 Like

Absolutely. I really haven’t built out the notifications. Much

1 Like

I thought the link lasted for 3 months...
Here's a new one
https://join.slack.com/t/echospeaks/shared_invite/enQtNzU1ODA5MzE3NDMwLWU3YTIyMGE1OGM5ODM2YWVkOTYxNzA0NmRjZjc4MjRlOGY0ZmZjNjc1NzVlMzkzOTVjODA3YjAxN2ExNzQ2YjU

2 Likes