[DEPRECATED] Echo Speaks

So I have echo speaks running on ST beautifully including the Heroku setup stuff. I now want to get it up and going on my Hubitat hub. My question is can I use the same Heroku server app to feed the Hubitat version?

@kewashi I believe you would have to deploy a second instance of the server.

Just set this up for TTS. Working great so far! Outside of 1 echo dot I have all google devices in the house. I also have a pool which alexa has a skill for. Is it possible to somehow tell alexa via hubitat to action the pentair skill? Ultimately wanting to tell google which tells hubitat/alexa to do the needful. Any idea if this is possible?

I'm not sure why I didn't do this sooner but I've created a Slack channel for Echo Speaks.
This will be used for the upcoming V3 beta and to collaborate/troubleshoot, ask questions, get help from other users.

Just click on this invite below to join:
Echo Speaks Slack Invite

2 Likes

How do you do that ? Thanks

wow, I just figured it out...weird how that happens

1 Like

Where can i find the action companion app please?

If you join the beta through the slack invite, you will see the link for the new apps under the beta section.

2 Likes

Is it possible to send a command to an Echo as if you spoke it?

Every night at dinner, my dinner time routine triggers lights, fans, 5 minute warnings to remind the kid to go to the bathroom, etc.

Then, like a caveman, I actually have to talk to my house to get it to play music for us while we eat.

If there's a way to programmatically send an "Alexa, play music on Sonos", I'll finally feel like I'm living in the future.

You should be able to this using a virtual motion or contact sensor in Hubitat (exposed to Alexa via the Skill) as a trigger in the Amazon Alexa App (on your phone) for an Alexa Routine. Within the Alexa Routine, you can do whatever you’d like.

I believe there may also be a way within Echo Speaks to execute Alexa Routines, but I have never done so personally.

You can have ES play music On your alexas but I’m not 100% sure about the Sonos.
The upcoming version 3.0 adds support for listing and executing Alexa routines under its new ES Actions app.

2 Likes

Is ES experiencing the same auto cookie refresh issue as other solutions? I noticed it has stopped working for me today.. I had to click the refresh button to get it to work...

i am getting this on initial install:

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_app_tonesto7_ST_Community_Installer_130.image() is applicable for argument types: (org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.GStringImpl) values: [https://cdn.rawgit.com/tonesto7/st-community-installer/master/images/welcome.png]
Possible solutions: main([Ljava.lang.String;), isCase(java.lang.Object), wait(), mainPage(), any(), wait(long) on line 50 (startPage)

before that it said missing smarthings token, creating a new one...

btw...this sounds really good with what you have made

NM...i got this too work. i just used the manual install. i didnt find any clue on how to do this on hubitat and just tried different ways. luckily i am like most people and used to ST and the IDE. i will update with basic instructions for others on how i did it some other day.

I wouldn’t. Version 3 is in beta, and works much better.

Lucky you, mine has stopped 3 times in the last 6 weeks or so and refreshing the cookie hasn't worked for me. I had to delete the Echo device, reinstall and reconfigure all my rules again...

Let's hope this doesn't go on forever

Rick

Don’t know if it’s the same for you, but I did exactly this a couple of times.. what I eventually worked out was if you click the refresh cookie button you have to wait around 5 mins before it all starts to work again...

V3 is in beta testing and been undergoing drastic testing and optimization. I will make sure to go through the cookie update logic and make sure it’s running smoothly.
I’m really looking forward to this release.
Here is screen of the response designer for the actions app.

9 Likes

I've never used Slack before and only signed-up (a couple of weeks ago) to try the v3 Echo Speaks. I am hopelessly lost navigating Slack. I'm signed into the ES workspace, but do not see any file repository. Would someone be kind enough to direct me to the Slack ES downloads? Thank you.

I see the instructions to install on ST, but how do I install this on hubitat?