[Deprecated] Amazon Alexa Text to Speech (TTS) v0.6.2 - Direct Integration (USA, Canada, UK, Italy, Australia, & Brazil)

Hi everyone, I've been using the Alexa TTS for a bit in the beginning of the year and it was working flawlessly. I recently moved and now its not working im getting a "check your cookie" message and this comes up in the logs

I'm by no means a expert in coding so if theres an easy fix to this that would be super helpful thank you!

@b.bloomquist1

How have you been renewing the cookie? Manually or using AlexaCookie.js? If it is the latter, then you should restart it daily (perhaps using cron) as described here:

1 Like

Also, in your new house, if running the NodeJS server, did the IP address of that RPi (or whatever device) change?

1 Like

I’m fairly positive I was using the one that refreshed on its own because after I set it up it ran without me doing anything for a couple months. So I can essentially just enter what is in the red circle at the end of the code? And which app would it be going into?

I didn’t even think about that but yes I believe it is a new IP address. Would I be better off just uninstalling the whole echo drivers and all and starting fresh?

Thank you guys!

UPDATE: so I am an idiot. I am new to getting a raspberry pi setup. I didn't have git installed. once I did that, it solved the problem.

I posted this on Gabriele-V's GitHub page as well but I was wondering if anyone here had any insight.

I am in process of moving my homebridge and other node related applications from my Mac to a raspberry pi. I am trying to get AlexaCookie up and running on my pi and when I run "npm install" (with sudo), I am getting the attached error. It looks like the Apollo77 code base changed recently. Is that related?

Get this error when using "all echos" device but not when i use individual ones. Have deleted and recreated individual and all echos devices through the app, same result. only have one amazon account that individual echos are registered to.

'speakMessage()': Error making Call (getMessage): Bad Request
'speakMessage()': Error making Call (Status): 400
'speakMessage()': Error making Call (Data): {"message":"Input failed to validate."}

I just tested the "All Echos" broadcast device on my hub and it works fine. Nothing in the Logs, and all of my Echos spoke the requested phrase.

Please verify that your hub has the latest version of the code installed. Also, are you using the Primary Alexa user account for these Echo devices? I seem to recall some strange behavior reported by one user when not all Echos had the same primary user account, or something like that... :thinking:

Just updated but was already running 0.5.9. of alexa tts

Latest verion of hubitat firmware.

3 echo devices all registered to same account for over a year.

Not sure what else there is to try... very hard to troubleshoot a problem that I cannot reproduce.

1 Like

Yeah i know, been in that position before.

It is likely a \n (newline) in the string.

I changed the driver to remove \n from strings....

Nice! Care to issue a pull request? Or, just PM me the code change and I'll update the Repo.

Thanks!

Please try updating the "Child Alexa TTS" driver. I have merged a pull request from @nh.schottfam that strips away problem characters from a TTS string to see if that helps. Please let us know if your "All Echos" broadcast device now works. Thanks!

No luck, completely removed app and driver and devices, rebooted hub, reloaded app and driver from github, obtained cookie, still errors on "all echos" but individual echos work. :man_shrugging:

Thanks for trying. Wish I had a solution.

Are there any “strange” Alexa devices associated with your amazon account? Perhaps one of them is causing things to misbehave?

Check your devices here...

https://www.amazon.com/hz/mycd/digital-console/alldevices

No luck, had multiple entries of something called iobroker.alexa2 which i deregistered, removed app and devices again and rebooted hub then re-added app and devices.

1 Like

Wondering if it's just me, but after months of working great, my AlexaCookie.js retrieval stopped working a day or two ago. I gave it a couple days, in case it was intermittent. I stopped and restarted AlexaCookie, and when I try to re-authenticate, I get to the point where it brings up the ":82" page, enter my credentials, which used to bring up the Amazon MFA page, but I get an Amazon error "We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site". Is it just a local issue with me?

Have you updated it (and dependent) packages to the latest?

The dependent packages are updated as AWS makes changes. so not the top wrapper, but what it calls.

I just had the same issue and ran a "npm update" to update the dependent packages. Everything is working again.

Thanks all! I hadn't run npm update. Tried it, got some warnings, and some dependency issues, so I've got more digging to do, but I'm sure that's the root of the problem. As a sidenote, after trying and failing several times, Amazon required me to change my password, which they've never done before! Anyway, thanks for the help!