[Deprecated] Amazon Alexa Text to Speech (TTS) v0.6.2 - Direct Integration (USA, Canada, UK, Italy, Australia, & Brazil)

Mine was working correctly 6 and a half hours ago. I can't narrow it down anymore than that.

Agreed... It's on the Amazon side. Further proof is that Spotify Connect isn't allowing me to play audio to any of the Amazon Echos right now. All the Echo devices show "Can't play this right now" in the Spotify app.

FWIW, I use neither integration and I'm also hearing it when triggering an Alexa Routine that has a verbal response.

3 Likes

Echo speaks also supports announcements.

Yes, but there's no "All Echos" option unless I'm missing something. I have to choose each of my Echo devices in my rules.

Announce should be the same thing as "all echos".

By the way, the Amazon issue is fixed. My echos are speaking without the additional junk and Spotify is able to use them too.

1 Like

If this latest issue reinforced one thing, and one thing only, it is my hate of [the modern trend for] cloud integration. There is literally nothing that will still be working in 10 years time, whereas some of my old equipment from 10-15 years ago works just fine!

Maybe it hasn't rolled out to everyone yet ..... I'm still in force unit selection land.

1 Like

Not fixed here.

Retested just to be sure and mine (at least) is working correctly.

Yup, agreed; seems to be fixed my side too.

I wonder if they changed the format

I spoke way too soon - it is baaaack (at least for me)

My Echos are back to normal ....

Back to normal here as well.

I'm in the middle of setting up your method, thanks for the idea. Don't you have an issue with your rule as written if the same message is sent twice in a row? The second message won't play because nothing has changed. Correct?

1 Like

Yes. But I never send the same message twice. For example, when I use TTS for washer/dryer notifications, I use %now% in repeats of the notification text (Washer is done at %now%. Move clothes to the dryer). So each time the repeat occurs %now% is unique.

1 Like

This doesn't just affect us (Alexa TTS/Echo Speaks) It's actually doing it with Alexa Routines with speech as well

1 Like

And I haven't heard it one time in the last 24 hours.... odd

Hi Smart Folks

I was an ES user since the beginning, but the last update now locks my hub up consistently/repeatedly between 6-8 minutes from a reboot. Disabling ES fixes the issue.

As a result, I have installed /configured the latest of this TTS solution. No issue encountered during the setup etc., however, it only kinda works for me!

Note: I am on the "manual cookie" configure option, but lets get this out of the way - it is NOT the issue.

An "AlexaTTS xxxx" device was created in Hubitat for each physical device I have.
On all of my Echo Dots, from within the device itself, when I do a speak command, the silence is deafening!
Doing the same from my Echo Show it works just fine!
And now for the real puzzler, from the "AlexaTTS All Echos" device, it works for every single device!!! Shows, Dots, you name it.
But individually, the Dots are silent.

There doesn't appear to be anything useful from a log perspective; at least no errors being generated.

Anybody got any ideas?

I have the exact opposite problem. All of my individual devices work but 'All Echos' has never worked.