[Depecrated] My Next Manager for your Nest® Tstats (firmware below 2.3), Protects and Sensors: all Nest attributes available (home/away, motion detection, setTargetHumidity, setHotWaterBoost) for automation-and no throttling!

Sure, you should do as you please.

However, like I wrote above, your google connection stays valid unless you change your Google password or 2FA settings (or you log off from your Nest session). You'd need keep your Nest session active to avoid any http error 403.

Regards

1 Like

Thanks - my Nest session is always active because I keep the web interface up in Chrome for other reasons... I'll give it one more shot with the tokens and see if I can find the issue.

Thanks.

Hi, please make sure to download the latest release using the same sellfy download link and restart the installation from scratch (as there is something odd under your account).

1 Like

This solved my issue as well! Thank you @yracine66!

1 Like

I just have to say thank you for your hard work on this! It saved me the time of dealing with Google's API directly.

1 Like

What kind of things you can you do with Nest Protect and this App? Aside from (I assume) allowing you to see new smoke/CO detectors in your Dashboards, are there any other applications with the Nest Protect?

Hi @Krishna , please refer to the list of capabilities and commands available in the following community wiki:

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Next_Alarm#Information

As indicated in the 1st post of this thread, you can also have access to the motion and presence sensors (if your protect is wired, and have the latest firmware) for your own automation scenarios.

Regards.

1 Like

Hello,

I've just gotten MyNextManager installed in Hubitat and can't seem to get it to work fully. I believe I've followed all of the steps in the installation doc. Once completing the cookie and url variables and installing the app, it appears that all the settings are pulled in from the thermostat and its current state is displayed correctly on a dashboard tile. However when making a temperature change via a dashboard tile, I receive the following log entry "java.lang.ClassCastException: null (setCoolingSetpoint)". When making an a temperature adjustment on the physical thermostat, it is not reflected in hubitat.

The above is the only error listed in 'MyTstat'.

The following error appears in 'MyNextManager':
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_app_yracine_MyNextManager_337.delete() is applicable for argument types: () values: []
Possible solutions: sleep(long), sleep(long, groovy.lang.Closure), every(), getAt(java.lang.String), every(groovy.lang.Closure), split(groovy.lang.Closure) (delete)
purgeChildDevice>no more devices to poll, unscheduling and terminating the app

Hi, it doesn't look like the installation was completed properly. Please restart the installation from scratch and make sure to not log off from the active Nest session after copying the google cookie/url. You can close the browser, but not log off from the session. Also, if you change your password or 2FA settings, you'll lose your auth tokens (as indicated in the readme).

In order to get the detailed logging, you'd need to follow the steps under the troubleshooting section:

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_NextServiceMgr#Issue_.2310:_I_want_detailed_Logging.2FNotifications_or_I_want_to_enable_Ask_Alexa_Notifications

I can only help you with detailed logging. Don't post any logs in the forum, filter the logs for myNextManager only and send the logs to services@maisonsecomatiq.com.

Regards.

I just want to say, THANK YOU for this! I finally have full control over my entire HVAC system. I no longer have to deal with NEST's stupid schedule for sensors.

Only issue I had during install that I missed during the quick instructions was to enable OAUTH, and I had the issue where my TSTAT wasn't showing up in the list even with the google account authentication working... I did the reset WWN from the physical NEST tstat and then re added it to the app.

Once I did this I needed to do the authentication / setup again. I had to remove the previous MyNextManager (using the settings icon wheel while adding the user app) because I think it was still using the old authentication. Once I did that, readded with the new authentication information I was able to create all the devices!

Thanks again!

• Shane
1 Like

[EDIT] Ignore this question I figured it out.. I needed to make sure sensor scheduling was turned on.. seems to be a requirement.. my bad.

Doesn't look like I can set my active sensor now.. Looked at the the tstat device in hubitat and noticed this.

setRCSActiveSensors>error while trying to call setThermostatSettings, exception doRequest>exception groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: status code: 401, reason phrase: Unauthorized,error response=401 for [uri:https://czfe08-front01-iad01.transport.home.nest.com/v5/put

I went through the next manager again to check to make sure everything is still connected and it populated all my sensors and tstat w/o having to do anything different.. So it seems to be connecting correctly.

I can also set the temp on the TSTAT device and it works.

Any suggestions?

Shane

OK... So I'm still having the problem. It looks like mynext gets logged out or disabled after awhile. The only way I can get it to work again is to go into the app/MyNextManager and just tap the next button to reconnect/relogin.

Is there a trick to keeping it logged in all the time and not expiring.

Thanks!

• Shane

Hi,

After copying the google cookie/url, don't log off from the Nest active session. You can close the browser, but not log off from the session. Also, if you change your password or 2FA settings, you'll lose your auth tokens (as indicated in the readme).

Refer to the troubleshooting section (with screenshots) to get new auth tokens:

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_NextServiceMgr#14b.29_LOGIN_INFO_REQUIRED_FOR_GOOGLE_ACCOUNT_USERS_.28MIGRATED_NEST_USERS.29

Regards.

But I haven't lost the auth tokens.. I haven't had to copy / re-enter the cookie info, I just have to open the app (hubitat/mynextmanager) and keep tapping the next button then it works.

I haven't logged out or changed anything since setting it up.

Connection worked for a few hours until the evening and then it stopped working again..

Next through and save in the app reconnects again. Nothing has changed, no tokens changed, etc. Is there anyway to keep this thing refreshed and connected?

Hi,

Every time you have a 401 unauthorized, it means that you've lost your auth tokens. Pressing Next won't help you. So, the error means that something has changed on the Google side. Please refer to my last post.

MyNextManager will renew the auth tokens automatically unless they are no longer valid due to a change or a Nest session termination.

Then why does it not work then start working without entering any new auth info when I use mynextmanager? (the 401 error goes away after using the manager and all devices work)

Hi,

You may have temporarily read access, but not write access hence the 401 unauthorized.

To have write access, you'd need to get a new google cookie/url as indicated in my previous posts.

If I don't have write access then how does it allow me to change the active nest sensor once I go through the nextmanager? Like I said.. EVERYTHING WORKS (read / write, fan on/off, cool on/off, set temps, etc) after going through the nextmanager again without having to change any AUTH codes.

Great! If everything works, don't worry about it. The auth tokens will be renewed automatically when needed.

• EDIT* Just FYI, I made a small change in MyNextManager v3.5.1 that may help in fixing your issue.