[Depecrated] My Next Manager for your Nest® Tstats (firmware below 2.3), Protects and Sensors: all Nest attributes available (home/away, motion detection, setTargetHumidity, setHotWaterBoost) for automation-and no throttling!

Wait, are you saying this app exposes the PIR in the protects? If you are :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head: sign me up.

1 Like

@BorrisTheCat

Yes, based to the specs above.

1 Like

My hardware is the same as that and my firmware is 3.3rc6 so should be good.

Amazing! How? I doesn't even show the event in nest?

As it's polled I'm guessing it's used more of a hold rather than a trigger?

It shows next manager V2 in places but doesn't show it in the packages. Are they all the latest major build versions?

Yes, it's a polled event but you can change the polling interval to be as fast as 1-minute refresh...

For Hubitat, it's just called MyNextManager, and you can find the latest version at my store.

www.ecomatiqhomes.com/hubitatstore

Regards

1 Like

Are you able to control your camera with the SDM (turn on/off) and set home/away with this app?

I'm trying to be able to turn on my camera and set Nest to away from Hubitat like I currently do with NST manager

Sorry, not the best person to ask for either question. I don't turn off my cameras nor set home/away. I suggest you ask the authors or other users of both apps.

Hi, on my side, I don't see why your HA scenario wouldn't work...

Hi @yracine66 I have 4 Nest Temperature Sensor, in winter I would like to check the temp on all 4 sensors if one of these is lower than the set point turn on the furnace, is it possible?

Hi, yes you can expose all 4 Nest Sensors to Hubitat and your tstat with MyNextBundle at my store.

With the zoning smartapp called ScheduleTstatZones, included in the bundle, you can use any Hubitat connected temp /motion sensors to adjust the Nest's setpoint based on the concepts of rooms / zones / schedules.

By default, the zone's avg temp is collected and compared to the tstat's, ambient temp and the (+/-) offset is used to adjust the setpoint in order to take into account the far away colder / hotter rooms.

You can also use other calculation methods (min, max, median, heat/max-cool/min) if you feel that the avg doesn't suit your needs.

For more information about the zoning smartapp, refer to the ST community wiki:

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=ScheduleTstatZones

There are many more features..

Regards

1 Like

Ok I am stumped. It finds my extra temperature sensor but does not find the thermostat itself. What am I doing wrong?

Hi, please refer to the previous post

That worked! Sorry I missed it I searched the thread but obviously my keywords didn't work!

1 Like

Hello - I just purchased and installed the MyNextDevices bundle. I get no errors in my log. After clicking DONE on the initial app page, i have 2 entries - first one is [app:251](http://(ipaddres is here)/logs#app251)2021-02-05 04:38:16.050 pm [debug](http://(ip address is here)/installedapp/configure/251)login>resp.data=
with a bunch of data after that and the second one is app:2512021-02-05 04:38:16.066 pm tracelogin>google auth success, jsonMap=
with a bunch of data after that.

I click NEXT and I get the spinning icon but nothing else. I have let it go for up to 20 minutes and no devices are found. I have 3 Nest Protects and 1 Nest thermostat. All are visible in my nest app and linked to my account.

I have verified the URL and Cookies, ensured they are copied in the app code and redone adding the app multiple times. If I close out of the browser window, the app does not appear in the installed app list.

Thanks for any help!

Hi @mrcklk,

If the smartapp cannot find any of your Protects and your tstat, then it means that your cookie is not set properly (missing info or wrong cookie).

Please follow all the steps at the readme

Here are some additional pointers ..

1.You need to not set any variables in the Nest section (NextManager's code header) if you have a Google account. All nest variables should be equal to null.

2.Make sure to enable oAuth for MyNextManager as indicated in the instructions (step 2d).

3.For the cookie, you need to make sure to get the right and the whole cookie otherwise the smartapp will not find any of your Nest devices.

Please refer to the ST community wiki for troubleshooting. There are many screenshots to help you.

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_NextServiceMgr#14b.29_LOGIN_INFO_REQUIRED_FOR_GOOGLE_ACCOUNT_USERS_.28MIGRATED_NEST_USERS.29

Regards.

Hello -

I've tried all of the steps multiple times. I have tried separating the cookie name-value pairs and tried them individually and 2 or 3 at a time. In some cases, using one of the cookies only gave an error, in other cases, no errors at all just the spinning icon after hitting NEXT. Again, I waited 20 minutes+. Also, i can not press any of the other buttons on the screen, " Nest devices integration to Hubitat". It is just the spinning icon. Pressing Remove or Next does nothing. I can press the gear icon and then go back to the app at the same screen. Pressing NEXT again does the same thing - spinning icon. I've checked and rechecked my devices and nothing shows up. If i just drop out and go back to the Apps list, the MyNextManager app does not show up. I re-add it and have the same results.

My request header cookie per the installation instructions has the following cookies:
__Secure-3PSID
__Secure-3PAPISID
NID
__Host-3PLSID
__Secure-3PSIDCC

Do these seem like the right cookies? Are any of these not needed?

Thanks for any help... I'm at about 4 hours on this and about ready to throw in the towel.

Much appreciated

**UPDATED...
Not sure if this helps, but i noticed when clicking on the gear icon while it seems stuck, I can see the COOKIE value displayed. Everything looks fine, except the string is terminated with the word "null". If I remove any of the name-value pairs, it is also terminated with "null", but gives this error:
login> exception groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Unauthorized while trying to login

Hi,I don't quite understand why you're inputting multiple cookies. The cookie parts seem ok, but you need to copy the whole String, not the individual value pairs.

If you are a Google account user, there is only one cookie to copy over. You don't need to split it, just copy the whole cookie as a long String as indicated in the instructions and insert it in the header. The header contains instructions on where to insert it (variable google_cookiep1). You need also to copy the google_issue_token_url.

Please follow the instructions for a Google account as indicated in the steps described in the Readme and at the ST community wiki with the screenshots

Again, there is only one cookie to copy over. Refer to the screenshots at the ST community wiki.

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_NextServiceMgr#14b.29_LOGIN_INFO_REQUIRED_FOR_GOOGLE_ACCOUNT_USERS_.28MIGRATED_NEST_USERS.29

If you have further questions, please send them to services@maisonsecomatiq.com along with screenshots of your Next Manager's header, so that I can see what you've done so far.

Regards

That exactly what I did. I copied the entire cookie. I was only doing single cookies as part of testing. I'll send you the header code (and obfuscate the actual cookie values and url auth token).

Thanks

I am setting Home/Away using SetStructure but even though my cameras are configured to turn on/off depending on structure status they do not respond even though the structure does get set to the correct status and the thermostat does respond. @yracine66 any ideas or suggestions on your end? I am guessing this is an issue on the Nest

Sorry, this is beyond my code... Maybe, try Nest support.

@yracine66 Thanks for this app. Have it all set up and working with both of my NEST thermostats! Love this! Getting ready to start playing with the SmartApps for scheduling and presence control.

1 Like