Denon AVR Driver - Errors

I found this thread that mentioned denonAVR.sendMsg() possibly not being implemented... but it was closed and outdated. https://community.hubitat.com/t/denon-receiver-stopped-communicating-maybe-after-recent-update/76314/13?u=gcajun

I'm still seeing the same issue when trying to use the sendMsg function:

org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: denonAVR.sendMsg() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [MUON] (method sendMsg)

I can telnet into my Denon receiver from my computer, and I can successfully issue commands... so I know the issue isn't there. I'm currently running verson 2.3.5.138 on my C5 hub.

Tagging @mike.maxwell as he was mentioned in the previous thread and responded. Thanks in advance for any help!

ha, the sendMsg method was added to the telnet capability long after these drivers were written, and we never added the method to them.
We'll get this fixed in the next release...

Thank you! I'm trying to put an easy solution in place for my wife to turn on "All Zone Stereo" without having to navigate the Denon menu. This will solve it for me.

I'm looking forward to the release, and thanks for the quick response!

1 Like

I just setup the denon driver and it worked for a day and then disconnected. i rebooted the hub and its working again. what can i do to find the root cause?

These drivers have a watchdog that can be enabled, which will attempt to reconnect if the AVR falls offline for some reason.

That didnt fix the issue

This doesn’t sound like an issue with the driver.
Have you tried setting up a continuous ping from a workstation to see if this is a network issue?

1 Like

Yes there are no network issues. The devices are hard wired, not wifi. Also if it were a network issue i would not be able to stream music via HEOS (dlna). I have never had an interruption in any streaming to the Denon. The only function that is sporadic is this driver. Also the only thing that resolves the issue is a reboot of the hubitat. Rebooting the Denon doesn't do anything. Rebooting any network gear doesn't do anything. the hubitat is on the same network as the Denon, so no firewall issues.

I don’t know what to say, I use this driver with a Marantz AV10 virtually every day, and have never had to reboot the hub to reestablish connectivity with it…