Delete this thread, I need more sleep

As the topic says, if you are attempting to modify a variable (a local variable in this case, with type "number") with using the string %value%, the process fails and the integer value is not applied to the variable.

Here is a rule I made earlier today. It even says "as integer" implying it realizes the value is being applied to a number variable, yet the value is not applied to the local variable "bathroomHumidity", it just remains at the original value of 0 no matter what. As you can see below, the value is 0 but after running the rule it should be 58.3

It seems to be a bug, although I admit maybe I'm just using it wrong?

So, upon further review, "numbers" can only be full numbers. OK, that makes sense, but for whatever reason the value will not update unless the decimal = 0. For example, a value of 43.0 will be applied to the number variable as 43, but 43.2 will simply fail, but shouldn't a value of 43 be applied instead??

For this instance, I can use "Add sensor value", which yields the expected behavior (ie 43.2 is applied to the variable as 43), but I can see how in some circumstances that may not be a possible workaround.

Cancel this whole thread. I haven't had enough sleep.

problem solved.

variable type = decimal. Duh

3 Likes

You are just committed to spending as much time on your smart home as you can.... And helping others... That's a thing.... isn't it....

3 Likes

And hey, it's nearly 2am for me... And who's to say what other stuff I will make up in the next 4-6 hours.... The morning is young.... :wink:

1 Like