[DELETE ME PLEASE, No bug to report] Rule machine cannot complete creation of new "Repeat While Expression" actions

I am trying to create a new rule. Every time I attempt to create a Repeat While Expression action, the UI crashes when I attempt to finish the action with the "Done with Action" button. It just disappears and leaves you with only a "Cancel This Action" button instead of creating the action and returning to the actions table.

I am not able to replicate this problem. Are you providing a value in the Hours, Minutes, or Seconds fields as required? I don't see this in your screenshot, and the "Done..." button should not appear until you do, given this requirement.

It is not required. Those are optional fields that do not need to be filled in (unless you want the expression to be expressed for that amount of time before ending the repeat) FWIW, I had all zeros entered in all spaces before hitting the "Done with Rule" button, which just disappeared after clicking it.

I tried about 20 times to complete the action successfully before I posted.

What I'm talking about is, in fact, required. It is the repeat interval -- not a duration on an expression.

2 Likes

Ugh, did I really manage to brain fart that entirely? I'm on an airplane now, I'll try this again soon. It's been a REALLY long week.

1 Like

Yeah.. I need to avoid the temptation to try to automate things after a week on a no-sleep travel gig.

I was not reading, my brain was not thinking.

2 Likes