Deaf devices

I'm looking for a device that I can integrate into hubitat and Google. My lady is hard of hearing. Even with nest doorbell and devices announcing the guest she does not hewr it. Is there a pager I could clip on her and provide a vibration to get her attention? I can turn on a switch in Google when the door bell is pressed right?

I'm not aware of anything battery powered that could be used like that. Most of the battery powered devices are sensors so transmitters only and only when the state changes and they sleep between state changes to conserve battery. You could use a strobe light or you could flash your z-wave switches or change the color on some color bulbs around the house, something like that. Also if she has a smartphone that she can notice you could load pushover on it and send messages to it or just use the Hubitat app to push notices.

If her phone is not in her hand I find it for her when it's ringing.. roflol. I'll have to look for something I can control with a contact closure.

I can only think of Fitbit or some other smartwatch that can vibrate -- I have notifications from the hubitat phone that I use for this. When my Ring doorbell senses motion of the doorbell button is pushed I get a notification for that via my Fitbit watch. Of course you need to install the ring integration for this to work.

Yeah a smart watch that will vibrate with new notifications might work well, Although I think I hear mine vibrate more than feel it most of the time. Maybe an Apple Watch would do better than my Garmin as I think they can do different vibration patterns but I'm not positive as I don't have any personal experience with them yet.

I have a Ring Doorbell, an iPhone, and an Apple Watch. When someone rings the doorbell, my watch vibrates (you can adjust the haptic feedback of the watch) and I get a small image of the camera feed from the doorbell (a snapshot, I believe, not streaming video.). This is all with only the Ring app on my iPhone, no Hubitat needed.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.