Dashboard

hello, I've had Hubitat for a year or more now, when I get time I try to play around with it, trying to put the picture of my house as a background on my dashboard, is there a way I can do that? thank you

You can enter a link to the image here from the dashboard settings (gear icon on the top right):

The picture will need to be available online for it to be visible when you aren’t in your home network.

I saw that. I guess I’m unsure how to attach a link to a picture

It could be an image from the web, which (in theory) would work when accessing the dashboard from both the cloud and local links. You can also host the image on the File storage on the HE hub and add the URL for that file to the Background Image setting from the screenshot (just right-click on the file in the File Manager page on the HE Web UI to get the URL).

I'm being a little brief in some of those descriptions, so let me know if you want / need more details and I can get some examples or screenshots.

1 Like

im just finishing up work and then i will try to add on the HE file storage, can you also tell me how to get rid of the left column and web address, on the other tablet dashboards they just seem to have the dashboard, i cant figure out that clean look, thank you

You can click on one of the links from the specific dashboard child under “Hubitat Dasboards”. This will open it stand-alone (without the left border). As for making it full-screen, on the iPad, you can use “Add to Homescreen” from the “Send As” link (top right square with an arrow coming out of it) in Safari. Then when you open that link, it will open full screen. Not sure how to do the same in Android, but I’m sure others in the community do!

Ok great, I got the iPad to just show the dashboard. But still no luck with my house picture. Thank you. Also is there any way to get my echo show 10 to display my dashboards?? That would be awesome. I want to be able to open my driveway gate and/ or unlock doors, open garage for guests wile I’m cooking dinner in the kitchen. My echo show resides in the kitchen

Can you share a screenshot of what you’ve tried to get the house picture in the background?

I don’t have an Echo show 10, but if it has an option to permanently display a web page, then that web page could be the Hubitat dashboard, providing you what you are looking for.

I got it. Thank you for your help

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.