Dashboard weather widget

Does there exists a guide to setting up a weather widget on Dashboard?

In terms of displaying weather information there is probably no single guide I expect, though there may be for the weather template, I am not sure. For more general weather display, it would likely depend more on where you are getting your data from. A couple of relevant questions may be:

• Are you wanting to use as cloud-based weather service or a weather station you have at home?
  • Are you wanting to display current conditions and/or forecast information?
  • Do you want to include maps showing things like rainfall or cloud-cover, wind speed and direction, etc?

And welcome to the Community btw :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Firstly, thanks for replying sburke781.
I only want to display current conditions and maybe the forecast for the day.
Also, I would much rather nit use cloud based services.
Lastly, I would take as much data as possible from the simpliest method of getting this done. In other words if a simple method gives me something that isn't a priority, I wouldnt say no to it. As for priorities, temperature/real feel, cloud cover, city name display, humidity, windspeed, UV index, forecast for the day, in that order.

Sounds like you need a local weather station. There are some relatively cheap options, if you don't have one already. You may want to look at EcoWitt or others with support here on the Community.

For forecasts you will need to go out to the Internet. Depending on your location, different see ices may be more appropriate than others. Weather Underground is a popular one.

So, I was looking into using this "OpenWeatherMap-Alerts Weather Driver v0.6.7 (driver)"
I created a virtual device and used this as the driver. I went through and added the API, city name and all the other things that I would like and saved the preferences. I then added the device to Dashboard but nothing. I went back to the device setting and most of the options that were present initially are now gone. I don't know if this driver no longer works or I'm just not doing something wright.

I assume that is a Community developed driver? If so I would suggest posting your question on the Community topic setup for the driver, if there is one. That way the developer will be more likely to see it and may be able to help.

Ok, I will try that.