Dashboard - view only?

Just moved to Hubitat for our vacation / rental home and happy with results so far. One thing I'd like is ability to make Dashboard "view only" so that we cannot inadvertently switch lights and fans on. That would just freak out our guests !

With door lock, there's a "Are you sure Y/N" check to avoid just this kind of thing. But it's so easy to accidentally touch a dashboard tile for a light or fan switch.

Any way to do this ?

To disable input you can use a transparent tile overtop of everything.

2 Likes

Agreed

You can take it even a step further by using the link template; link to a duplicate copy of the dashboard that is pin protected. Giving you full access if needed.

1 Like

That's creative thinking, thanks. Have grouped the interactive tiles that we don't want to touch and placed transparent image over just those tiles - works well. Just need to remember it's there !

For some devices, you can use the "Attribute" tile. It will display information, but has no control mechanism.

3 Likes

I’ve come to realise there can be various ways of achieving the same thing on Hubitat, so thank you for these helpful suggestions.

Guests will no longer think the place is haunted :ghost:

1 Like

You can also look at Hubivue (www.hubivue.com) I believe you can lock individual tiles..