Dashboard tile to set a fixed dimmer level

Greetings,
I got stuck trying to:
Have a Dashboard tile which does set the level of a Dimmer to a given percent.
(Hubitat C-7 v.2.3.4.114 |Device driver: [1.6.3] - 2022-11-22 (@jtp10181))

So I go to Dashboard > Add Tile > {Selecting my ZEN30} > then the Button Template. The button lets me choose the number of the button and which command to send. I don't see any other option that could be viable.
Then I define a rule,
Trigger:
Office Loft button 4 pushed
Action:
Dim: Office Loft: 10 --> fade: 2

At this step I am aware that I can choose both a vertical and a horizontal dimmer template, but that just places a control slider on the tile. However, I want a tile that, when clicked, sets a definite dimmer level with a definite ramp rate.
I also would assume that I'd rather send the command to the rule machine instead of the dimmer, but there is no such option.

At the end, clicking the tile does nothing.
Looking at dashboard Debug, I see:
"11/28/2022 02:57:22 pm - Sending Command push to id 197
11/28/2022 02:57:23 pm - Command Sent"

The dimmers event log:
id: 20687
Date: 2022-11-28 15:08:58.862
Name: command-push
descriptionText: Command called: push
isStateChange: false
physical: false
digital: false
source: DEVICE
type: command
deviceId: 197

The dimmers log shows:
dev:197 2022-11-28 14:57:23.695errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.lang.String.call() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, java.lang.String) values: [4, pushed]
Possible solutions: wait(), any(), trim(), size(), dump(), split() on line 538 (method push)

What am I looking at here? Alzheimers light?
TIA,
// Luis

Looks like the dashboard is sending the button number as a string and my code is expecting a number. I should be able to fix that pretty quick, I will check it out tonight.

Its fixed and posted, did not bump the version, just added it to 1.6.3. If you are using HPM run a Repair on the Zooz Switches Advanced. If you installed manually just grab a new copy from GitHub.

1 Like

Fabulous fast fix!
Thanks for all your work, very much appreciated here.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.