Dashboard tile to link to another LAN device?

I have a dashboard working fine on my 18" wifi wall mounted tablet.
I run Blue Iris on a PC on my LAN.

How do I create a tile that will connect to BI 's LAN server URL? I can type the URL into a browser and it comes up fine. But in my dashboard it errors out with null or invalid token.

How to display the BI server via dashboard?

Depends what you mean by “display the BI server.”

Are you referring to the web interface that displays camera feeds with HTML5? Blue Iris refers to this interface as UI3.

Yes, that is the one. I would like to have a dashboard tile that will launch the UI3.

Is that the same browser and tablet you’re using for the dashboard?

Actually I have this big android running Fully Kiosk. It displays my dashboard as the start URL. So the dashboard resides in a Fully Kiosk shell as it were. I would like to show maybe a small icon linking the BI app maybe a bettter way to do it. HE desktop would be active as normal in Fully, but I touch an icon and launch fullscreen BI app fullscreen to view cams. Then from there return back to HE desktop.

You may be interested in iFrame Advanced. It can load a url in a pop-up over the top a dashboard, which I think is the likely use case for you.

That's a very interesting driver you put together there. But in my case I don't think it will work. The url I am trying to point to is a server on my LAN that manages ALL my cams. From the URL page I can control PTZ, playback recordings, check my disk space, config cams, etc.
I need a tile that will launch the server URL in full page view just as if I launched it from a browser, Then when I'm done simply go back to my home dashboard.

I can't claim credit for creating the driver, only promoting and using it extensively myself.

If you want the page opened in a new tab / window, will one of the link tiles not work? Come to think of it, they probably open in the same window / tab, which may not be what you want. It should take much to create a driver to do that, with a little HTML... Probably not tonight for me, but sometime soon if you still need it.

I’m still not clear on whether you’re able to access the blue Iris UI3 web interface from the same tablet and browser app that you’re using for your dashboards.

1. Closed the Fully Kiosk on the tablet. This is used to display my HE dashboard. I do not use a browser directly for this
  2. Open Chrome browser on the tablet.
  3. Type in the the blue Iris UI3 web interface.
  4. It opens instantly and operates as expected.

I just want to do this same thing, but within Fully Kiosk while it normally displays my HE Dashboard.

Fully Kiosk is a web browser.

Can you open the BI interface in Fully Kiosk?

Nope. I get an oath error.
I am just going to go to the desktop and open it. Too much hassle to get this to work with a dashboard tile.
But thanks for the help.

The dashboard tile is not the issue.

It’s something about fully kiosk browser.

Based on your eventual answer to the question I asked a few times.

There might be a way around that, or not. Good luck.

I was not aware that Fully Kiosk was considered a browser, When you asked about browser, Chrome, Brave, Firefox, etc comes to mind. I though FK was more of a launcher shell. So that is my bad.

But I will just let it go. Just a few extra clicks to bring up my camera as it is.