Dashboard Text Template Font Size

I have been working on my Dashboard and everything seems to be going well. However, I have introduced the Text Template into the Template and need to change the Font Size. I cannot determine the appropriate Custom CSS to do that.

Can someone please help with this?

When I debug the actual page, I can change the Font Size by setting it in the element.style for the Tile I am working on. However, I am not sure how to get this included in the CSS.

Thanks for asking, I might actually use this myself now that I figured it out :wink:

To change all the Text Template tiles font size use this code in Options > Advanced > CSS

.text-tile div>div{
   font-size :30px !important;
}

To set each Text Template tile font size separately, change the tile-'123' to the tile your trageting and use this code...

#tile-123 div>div{
   font-size :30px !important;
}

EDIT: How I got here, for those that care. The text-tile is an odd one since it has no attribute to begin the CSS targeting. I'm not an expect (though I try to play one on HE :rofl: ) but I'm starting to get the hang of these 'div' things.

I basically found the place where the text was using the inspect in chrome. Then counted 'div's up until I could find something to target with the CSS. In this case there wasn't really anything to target so I just dropped the div>div and surprisingly it worked.

Had this been a 'normal' tile it may have bee something like. .tile-primary.present>div Just food for thought.

5 Likes

That is what I did - except I did not count DIV's. Interesting approach. I just added it and that did the trick.

Appreciate the quick response. Maybe in a future update, HE will make these attributes available.

My bet is @spelcheck could add it to smartly faster, but I'm biased. Glad it worked :wink:

1 Like

zoomable mod should do it.. it essentially multiplies whatever the contents of the tile is by 1/2, 3/4, 1.5, 2+.

just run your dash through smartly, click on your text tile and it will be under the mods tab

1 Like