Dashboard Scaling

A newbie here thoroughly enjoying this hub after migrating from ST. I attached a screenshot of my current dashboard - the challenge of which was to make the tiles as small as possible and still work. One of the limitations is that the slider on dimmers doesn't seem to scale as other parts of the tile do. Is there a way around that?

I used some text labels - is there a way to control the text size of those labels? It doesn't seem to be directly related to the font size option under Grid (it's larger), but does respond according to changes in that number.

I had some difficulty with the dimensions and location of the overall background image to align it with the tiles. Eventually, I'd like to get a more detailed background image of my floor plan, but how would I size that drawing? Or how does the Dashboard app scale larger or smaller background drawings to fit the screen with their tiles?

Thanks!

Thanks!! That easily took care of the slider issue and probably the text size. Maybe even the background image placement... though I just wish I understood how the app treats the dimensions and placement of that image.

1 Like

Sliders/switches have always been an issue with my fat fingers (I guess).
I have to leave the odd blank tile so I can use it to scroll otherwise it seems no matter where I touch I activate a switch or dimmer instead of dragging; the tile dead spots are so miniscule. I never had this issue with ActionTiles over on ST but here it's impossible to scroll around without activating something first.
It would be nice if there was a detection of touch and movement thereby negating any operation on the tile you are touching.
Maybe there is an art to this?

1 Like