Dashboard not showing in app

I'm migrating my automation system from Wink (boo, hiss) and have moved some of my devices over for testing. I've created a dashboard and would like to see this on my mobile device running the app but dashboard never shows up. All I get is the spinning Hubitat logo. I've tried restarting the hub as some have suggested and I can see the dashboard through both the local and cloud links. Only the app is problematic. I've even tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling but still get the same behavior. Any other suggestions?

1 Like

I took my phone off wifi and pulled up the dashboard while on the cell network. From then, it's been loading correctly on and off wifi.

5 Likes

That did it! Thanks for the suggestion.

This solution worked for me as well. Thanks!

Same boat, this solution worked for me too!

I am having this issue too, though this solution is not working for me.

Not only are the dashboards not showing up, but neither are my devices (well, I only have one at the moment).

I have tried resetting both the hub and my phone. Everything is on the latest software releases.

I can access the dashboard through remote admin, just not the app.

Any ideas?

Welcome to the community!

What device is this? And are you talking about the Device tab in the app here?

Did you build a dashboard, or are you expecting it to automatically build a dashboard for you? It sounds like you have a working dashboard that you can access locally, or remotely, but not just the app, correct?

In the phone app, did you go to the Settings tab, Hub, and pick a hub and a mobile device in that menu? Does that Hub line show your hub name?

The other thing I might try is uninstall the app, and start over. That is a fairly quick process that somehow seems to fix things when nothing else works.

1 Like

You may also want to confirm you can access your HE hub from your phone. Some of the suggestions @neonturbo makes will achieve that, but you could also try entering the HE hub's IP address into a browser on your phone.

1 Like

Un/reinstalling the app worked. I can see the dashboard now. Thank you for the help. Sometimes the easiest solutions are the hardest to think of.

Interestingly, though no devices show up on the Devices tab, the room shows up, but my lock does not appear. I am not too worried about it as my main interface with the app will be through the dashboard.

For completeness, should anyone else run into this issue.

I have a Pixel 4 XL running Android 13 Beta 4
I have the US Hubitat running 2.3.2.141

The later is correct, I have a really simple, working, dashboard. That I could access remotely through remote access, locally through my laptop, directly through the cloud URL, just not the app.

The hub line did correctly list the hub's name.

1 Like

At the moment, only switches, bulbs, and dimmers appear in Devices. This is sorta a Beta feature at this point, staff has indicated in the past that they plan to do more with that tab. So it is normal that a lock does not appear here.

1 Like

You may want to give one of the community dashboard apps, hubivue or hubitat dashboard a try. I use both and find them much more visuly appealing, flexible and easier to work with. Of the two hubivue is fairly new, but also very flexible. However it does take a degree of tinkering to set up, but worth the effort.