Dashboard Multi-Purpose

I'm looking to do an app/rule that when you ran it, it would ask you for time, device....on the fly per say.
For example:

1. Click rule in dashboard
  2. Have start time.
  3. Have end time.
  4. Device you want to control.

Is this already out there or is this even possible?

Anything is possible, but in this case not likely pre-built.... Do you have any more detailed use-cases in mind?

This is for our church.
They want to be able to have the ability to unlock and lock front door for special occasions.

I already have it in scheduled times for normal functions but we are finding more and more "off schedule times" are needed.

No one wants to be going in and setting date/time/device for every special event and i havent given access to hubitat apps, just the dashboard....no one is tech savory to be creating rules.

I expect you will need / want a specific app to handle this, but I could be wrong. You could start by working on the display and selection of the date and time values using Hub Variables on a dashboard. Device selection could be problematic...

There's also Google calendar apps if you are using Google calendar.

3 Likes

Are you saying i would have to write app in code?

Yeah no thanks. Im not a programmer. Was looking for rule or variable.
And i guess hub variable is programming also.

Would not want to put you off :slight_smile: P:erhaps was a little premature to got down the coding path. Others may have either custom or hopefully built-in options that are more accessible than what I can offer.