Dashboard: Local but no Cloud

Yesterday I noticed that my cloud dashboard links were not loading (I get to the point of the “loading dashboard” message but without any tiles showing up). Local dashboards work normally; dashboards were created some time ago, and otherwise I don’t see other issues. Luckily, I don’t use the dashboard implementation very often when away from the house. On 2.04.117

[Did try to resolve with hub shut-off/boot after 30 secs unplugged and a router reboot]

Thanks for any suggestions.

Cloud and LAN access can each be toggled on/off on a per-dashboard basis in the settings pages. Have you double checked that cloud access is toggled on? If you never turned it off, I’m not sure why it would be, but might be worth confirming.

Sometimes this is caused by your HE hub receiving a new TCP/IP address via your router’s DHCP server. The best practice is to create a DHCP Reservation for your HE hub, plus any other devices that should probably keep a consistent IP address (e.g. Lutron Caseta Smart Bridge Pro, Philips Hue bridge, Google Home devices, etc...)

Usually rebooting your HE hub will update the Cloud Registration data. If you continue to have issues, I would recommend sending an email to support@hubitat.com.

1 Like

Unfortunately neither suggestion seems to be applicable. I already have a reservation for the hub and the dashboard is set to be accessible via the cloud. Waiting for a response from support.

Still have not received any solutions from support. Might there be other suggestions? Should I just go ahead and delete the dashboard app and reinstall?

Did you try rebooting the hub as @ogiewon suggested? If the hub loses its connection to the Hubitat cloud relay, that's usually the best way to get things reconnected. Just be sure to wait a few minutes after the hub has booted back up to let things settle down a bit before trying again. :grinning:

1 Like

Yes. And the one thing that Support did confirm was that I was connected. As a side note, Sharptools works without issue.

2 Likes

Post the child dashboard (or pm me it) status page screenshot (the gear in the app).

Also if the dashboard loads the loading dashboard point, click the 3 dot menu in the upper right and find the i button and send that to me as well.

Does creating a new dashboard work? Try that before deleting the one that isn't.

I have five dashboards; none of them display via the cloud. A newly created sixth one displays locally and via the cloud. I'll PM the screenshots you requested.

1 Like

I was getting the same thing
There must be a memory limit to dashboards and echo speaks devices fill it up.
I could remove 4 regular devices or one echo device created by echo speaks and the cloud dashboard worked fine again. (didn't matter which device or echo device)

• odd thing was I still had not deleted my old TTS echo devices (that were not longed used and moved over to echo speaks) created from amazon-alexa-text-to-speech-tts-v0-5-0
    Leaving them selected or un-selected did not seem to matter. Didn't fix or break the cloud dashboard.

of course have "use all devices" turned off
It did not matter if the devices were being used in the dashboard or not.

There is a Max size limit for requests via the cloud relay. Under normal circumstances the device list shouldn't exceed this unless it is full of custom attributes. I've seen some custom apps that are stuffing a lot of data in states that can fill up the list of attributes for the device.

If someone wants to send me their devices list (json) from the local dashboard side menu "i" button bottom right. That would help track down the apps or device(s) driver(s) that are blowing up the attribute size.

sent
never even noticed that little "i" button

looks like the weather icons take up a lot of room as well

Yeah, there is an issue with what appears to be a custom app that is creating very large attribute states that is breaking the cloud relay.

The only way I was able to cure my dashboard cloud symptoms was to make sure the "All devices" setting was off and then to (re)-select the specific devices I needed. Although I haven't had a chance to troubleshoot, I'm guessing some of the devices not actually used in my dashboards were causing the problems mentioned above. Thanks Patrick for the suggestions here and via direct messaging.

1 Like

Are you using the ApiXU Weather driver?? It has some 50-60 attributes and most of us don't clog our Dashboards with more than 10-15. I've been conversing with @bangali to try and get the number of attributes reduced or selectable. The Event logs for ApiXU fill rapidly too, because it the multiplication of # of Attributes times the number of samples per day. Each attribute that changes gets a row in the Event log. Lux alone (2 attributes, 5 min, 24hrs a day) is 576 Events because Lux is a sensitive value, it changes a lot. Even 15 Attributes on a 30 min cycle is 720 Events. Fortunately not all of them change, every poll cycle.

In other words, weather is constantly changing and therefore should be sent only to Dashboards that require it (no "use all devices")

Yes, I have it installed. I am only exposing a single attribute on a dashboard, but as noted I had "All Devices" on. I've been using it for awhile without any issues, but I suspect that after adding a few additional attribute-heavy devices I probably exceeded a limit.

1 Like

We have identified a potential issue with the ApiXU Weather Driver. Our recommendation is to remove it from any dashboard device selections as it can cause the cloud part of dashboard to break.

We are also investigating a few other potential causes for what stops cloud / remote connectivity to the hub.

In the meantime, if you are experiencing the inability to access your dashboards via a remote / cloud connection, please reboot your hub to restore functionality, after removing this device / driver from the selection list.