Dashboard layout for "use all your devices"

At least it works for the purpose. I'll take a cloud dashboard over one that doesn't do what I need... No one is arguing that local is better than cloud for reliability.

I would assume as the built in dashboards get more mature, then the need for a cloud one may diminish. We'll see.

How is your experience navigating from one dashboard to another? In my experience it was slow, slower if I use the cloud links, I ended using Sharptools because the scroll and no need to create multiple dashboards(speed issue).

I have never used Sharptools so I cannot use this as a comparison.
On local speed is not really an issue. Via the cloud it is slower but it is no big deal for me.
I have visibility of my home and that is all I'm worried about TBH.
I suppose if I was used to having things working mega fast then it could be an issue.
The main thing for me is I have some sort of visibility.
I do not use tablets etc. like other people to control my home either.

Even local it is slower than I think it should be. Not awful, but actually slower than changing dashboards in SharpTools in the cloud sometimes.

One thing I wish the SharpTools did was provide some kind of visual cue that a tile was tapped. There's enough latency between the tap and the "Command Sent" message that I'm never quite sure that the tap was registered. As a result I've found myself tapping the button multiple times which eventually results in 2 "Command Sent" pop-ups and me having cycled the device back to its original state.

1 Like

Agreed, this is the main reason I went back to the native dashboard.

Yes, Sharptools is slow changing from one dashboard to another, this is why I use one dashboard for all devices, anyway I only have 100 devices and not all of them are lights or plugs.

No... I mean SharpTools changing dashboards is often faster than HE is changing local dashboards for me.

Do you have authorize all devices checked for each dashboard? You can speed up dashboards by only authorizing the devices that will be on that dashboard.

3 Likes

I just tried this and you are right.
I just authorised everything.
Thanks for the tip. :smile:

Yeah, the entire list of authorized devices has to be sent to the app, so keeping it small means faster. This is true of all services, including Sharptools, Amazon, google, etc. Sending everything means things are going to be slower.

I find that making groups of lights and such and only authorizing the group device also makes things a lot faster as well. And much more simple. I don't need to see the status of hallway bulbs 1-4, just need to see if the hallway group is on/off and control it as one group device.

I didn't know that either. Thanks for the tip! I'm sure that will help a lot.