Dashboard issue with IKEA outlet - "hour glass" icon when switching off

Device works correctly, but Dashboard shows "hour-glass" and device can't be switched back on, it gets stuck on hour-glass.
Before

after

and the actual physical outlet state - it switches off
it becomes unresponsive from dashboard but it can be tuned back "on" in device screen

any advice as to where and why it gets stuck in the "on" state - would be greatly appreciated.
It does look like dashboard action issue - but not sure.

Regards,
Aniva

Hi, does your device have a configure button in the settings page?

1 Like

I tried is with both "Generic Zigbee Outlet" and "IKEA TRADFRI Control Outlet" and both do have Configure button:

I have several Ikea outlets and can't replicate this issue, except for one plug that I found was offline due to wife turning off a switch that controls power to the outlet it's plugged into. :wink:

• So you can turn it on/off on the Device page repeatedly w/out issues?
  • Have you confirmed you have power at the outlet the plug is attached to?
  • Are you sure you're trying to control the right device from the dashboard? I have sometimes thought a device wasn't working, but turned out I was choosing the wrong device in my app/dashboard.
  • Can you control the plug from any of the hub apps? E.g., set up a simple automation in Basic Rules to turn the plug on/off when you open a contact or push a button and confirm if that works.

Normally I'd say it's a mesh issue, but being able to control it from the device page seems to rule that out.

All of mine are working fine from a dashboard. :man_shrugging:

Hit Configure, wait 5 seconds and then see what happens after a few On/Off's from the device page?

1 Like

Thank you @stueyhughes , pressing configure was simple enough solution and it solved the issue, now dashboard is back to normal:
On:
and off

1 Like

Curious - were these outlets you had been using for a while, and hadn't changed drivers from the initial install?

yes, outlets been used for couple years at least all with the same drivers

Thanks.