Dashboard drag and drop

100% yes I do. I want more than tiles. I want to be able to build graphs for my water usage. Line graphs for my energy usage. Sizable camera feed tiles. I'd like an interactive calendar that can sync between and be edited between panels. A weather tile that works like a widget so I can just zoom in to see a specific day or slide left to right to change days. A live map of traffic in my area, a media player with a simple UI that works natively on the dashboard and doesn't redirect me to a URL. I'd like thousands and thousands of icons. Not just three choices for a light bulb. I have an air compressor tile on my dashboard so I can just click the button and it'll be full by the time I get to the garage. I think right now I'm using a refrigerator icon because it kind of looks like it. An intercom system linked between panels.

Those are just a few things that come to my head quickly. I'm not complaining about your app. I don't use your app nor do I use dashboards on mobile. Call it complaining if you want, but it's things I think we should have access to in 2023. Maybe it's a lot harder than I think, I don't know, I don't code nor do I care to learn code or CSS or python or anything like that. I like things that I pay for to just work.

Make that all happen and charge me $10 a month. I'd gladly pay it.

Right now actiontiles is doing it all for free, why I don't know but I have looked around for a donate link and haven't found one that isn't updated. Everything is from 2020 and back.

And once again we started talking about a native HE dashboard and this thread has traveled to a bunch of suggestions of third party fixes.

A few of my ActionTiles dashboards that I really care about how easy they are to edit as they took me a pretty damn long time just to have them look mediocre.

Edit: I'd also like to restate that I'm not knocking Hubitat or any Devs as I really do appreciate their work. I can't do any of this so I/we really on you guys for it all. I truly believe that if habitat can get their dashboard together they could take a big chunk of the HA market. Especially the home assistant users who may be in a little over their head, but still want that polished experience.

That sounds exactly like the motivation statement by the developers of Smartly for why they undertook that project.

1 Like

Iā€™m not a developer either, but I usually assume that most of this stuff is hard.

Perhaps one reason that the Android and iOS UI/UX have met your expectationsā€”unlike a few Hubitat dashboard optionsā€”is they are developed by two of the most valuable multinational tech corporations on the planet. There is presumably a lot of money and developer-hours available to support all that work.

Contrast that with the Hubitat team, which is small, a handful of people as far as we know. Actiontiles was a two-man team until one of them died suddenly a few years ago. Now itā€™s a one-man show, like @gslenderā€™s HubiVue.

Could Hubitat devote more resources to built-in dashboard development and/or redesign? Honestly I donā€™t know, although I would guess they could. But it would necessarily come at the expense of time spent on something else. Maybe even several different ā€œsomething elses.ā€

6 Likes

Iā€™ve proposed a partnership, but they donā€™t seem interested in that either - personally, and trying very hard not to be biased, I donā€™t understand why they wouldnā€™t partner with someone to make the integration and choice easy for customers

3 Likes

Well hurry and buy a subscription in hubiVue and join the community and weā€™ll make it happen. As a bonus, weā€™re only charging $2.50 per month, but happy to raise it to $120 / year when the entire roadmap of features youā€™ve outlined is complete. Honestly, what youā€™re asking for isnā€™t impossible to make happen - it just requires time and customers. Iā€™m working on both right now :sunglasses:

5 Likes

PM me a donate link and I'm happy to help out.

I have 145 active devices in my C-7. I'm no power user and am probably scratching at 10% of Hubitats potential but I'm content and I'd wager I'm in the majority. My HE is incredibly reliable for what it's asked to do and at $150 I think it's a bargain. I try to also support the team with a $30 yearly remote admin.

That being said, a proper dashboard is the final piece to my puzzle. So much so that I ordered a raspberry Pi4 (Canakit) last year just to get a dashboard going but haven't had time to set it up. I feel like there has to be a silent herd of people in this ecosystem that are in the same boat as me.

I'd strongly suggest you look at hubiVue - there is a lot more there than you are probably aware of and its able to connect locally to your hub without and cloud or 3rd party device (Pi4) so its fairly lite and easy to get going - you just need an Android or iPhone and the time to download, setup the account and point it at your hub. Boom, dashboard going!

3 Likes

Thereā€™s a link to the HubiVue website above.

No donation needed. Thereā€™s a free tier, and thereā€™s the option to purchase more features with a subscription.

So I'm giving Hubivue a second look. It's gotten much better since I last tried it. However, there's only about 40 of my 140 devices there. Am I missing a step somewhere?

There's an icon for bacteria but not for LED strip?

Edit: Had to go into Maker API and allow the devices. All good now.

What does an icon for a LED strip look like?

Just off the top of my head while driving.

Found this in 5 seconds on Google

Are they exposed in the maker api instance on HE? Remember you can make multiple maker api instances as well.

Yea that was the issue. Thank you.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.