Dashboard Coloring

On the dashboard - how do you set the color of the overall tile? On my LIFX tiles the color of the bulb changes when the light goes on but not the tile itself. When its white on white its actually hard to tell which lights are on.

On my Wemo devices the tile itself changes to yellow when it goes on so its actually very easy to tell when the lights are on.

This can be done on the overall dashboard settings. So go to the cog in the top right. The go to templates and you can update the colours for each of the template states.

This applies to the dashboard itself so would need to be repeated for each dashboard if you wanted them consistent.

1 Like

Doesn't that change the color of the overall background? Im trying to make these two blocks/tiles have a yellow color when the light is on and black when it is off. The Light on the third row (wemo) does it but the light on the top row (lifx) does not and they look like the same type of tile to me.

As @BlackCatPeanut mentions dashboard templates have color control for each state, meaning one for 'on', and one for 'off', so you can set them both

If you were to set your 'on' to yellow, and leave 'off' as is, the color of the bulb circle would still be white, but the background would be yellow when on gray when off.

Mine is set to blue when 'on' and transparent when 'off' so...

on = image off = image

Thanks both of you! That’s exactly what I was looking for.

1 Like