Custom tile icon not showing up when MOBILE

Looking to see if i am doing this wrong or right...I don't understand why icon sets are always missing such obvious icons, I see no icons representing floor robots.
So i made an attempt to create and use my own icons uploaded to the Hubitat local FS.
To be very clear here, I am NOT wanting the WHOLE tile background to change but rather the icon it'sself, my icon I created was to try to match the existing set, and does include transparent background. It all seems to play nicely, but the KICKER is when I swithc my cell to mobile and open the Hubitat app and choose the dashboard, it no longer displays the custom icons. So while this is OK for the most part I would like to understand why I can't display a custom icon that is local on the hub when MOBILE?

Whoever manages the ICON set built in for Hubitat, can you add some floor robot icons.
I would prefer they just be a chose....

Thanks in advance for any comments/answers to my question...

I am going on 3 weeks now with this NEW Hubitat hub and while it presents a few challenges, weather icons, why so complicated? I followed a lot of Hubitat examples and used the community apps and could never get a simple icon to pull in my local temp.

OMG got Samsung beat at there own game with using the galaxy watch (with samsung browser watch app) on the local network, The sky is the limit on designing my own watch smart displays, FYI the samsung smartthings galaxy app is a big joke just like trying to get amazon show devices to display cameras quickly and correctly. Never works when you need it the most. Anyways enough smoke blowing...any answers or adice to my above question would be appreciated....

Maybe I missed it, but where did you upload or host the custom icon?

"So i made an attempt to create and use my own icons uploaded to the Hubitat local FS"

I don't expect the local file storage is synchronized with the cloud hosted copy of the dashboards, so I would not expect the references to work.

If you need then to work in both situations, you will need to host them on the web somewhere that is accessible in both situations.

3 Likes

Ya, Guys I figured as much. Just thought since the dashboards working mobile and having to make calls back to the hub, wishful thinking on my part that the files on the hub were exposed through that same api.

I think if it really bothers me, i think I saw someone using base64 encoding and slapping the pic binary into the css url link.

The bigger question is this is 10+ yrs later after smart floor robots have been invented, seems like to me that would be the first icon set to add to a SMART hub icon set for devices.

Is there a reason the keeper/developer of the icon set has not added any?

I would like to see a default icon, one representing slow/medium/fast motion(aka: low, med, high) and one showing the same icon with a simple docking/charging port to represent the base.

This shouldn't be to hard for the icon database developer.

Anyways, thanks guys for the responses.

Cant answer your latter qusetion but why not just find a url hosted file for an an icon you like and just put that url in the url field for the icon in the tile?

I actually don't think that icon is as popoular as you would think it should be. I do not see them very often. Even my Asus router and Fing do not have icons for robot vacumms.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.