Custom Icons no longer settable after recent update to 2.2.4

I can no longer set or select custom icons since the checkbox is gone. I am currently on 2.2.4.158 and it is still not fixed. Is there any plan to restore them. The old ones I set still work but none can be edited nor can you set them for new tiles.

If I try lots of time it appears as a faint box, eventually, but it never gets checked. However, the icon selector does appear if you are lucky enough to eventually get the faint malfunctioning checkbox which never change status itself.

By the way, if you change the icon sometimes it will update to the new one but often you have to exit the dashboard and re-enter it. The often happen when you create new tiles too but not always. There are clearly heavy bugs around updating the dashboard since the action is complete unreliable. Just now when I changed to it did not update but when I exited and went back in it is suddenly working again. This happens a LOT.

As far as I can remember, this has always been the case for as long as I have had my HE. You either have to refresh the dashboard or you can click on the tile to change the state of the switch before the new icon shows up.

Sometimes new tiles appears but usually not as well. I think the main problem is the checkbox is now a VERY light gray and very hard to see. It also never changes appearance like normal checkbox but it to click the magical nearly invisible spot you do get them to appear. I just selected "power_settings_new" and it still looks like a speaker. Now that I can finally get cloning to work I wanted to copy rules from one device to use for another. Toggle events like Mute or Power are a lot easier to copy and edit then reprogram. Cloning will even change every reference to that device you then just need to change any commands / actuators.