Create Rule Machine in The Home Remote

Hey Guys,

Is it possible to make Rule machine with Maker Api?

For example, I created a Rule Machine on The Home Remote (in The App not in Designer) , and it's stored in the Rule machine on Hubitat?

Is it possible or not?

Thank You

Your question is not clear to me. Can you explain what you are trying to do?

1 Like

@putudhony88
I'm with @bertabcd1234. It's unclear. RM is an app within HE. Do you mean you're trying to create a rule within Home Remote to trigger something in HE? If that is the question, the 1st thing I I would ask is why do you want to do that? Second is does The Home Remote do rules? Can the home remote see devices exposed to maker API? If the answer is yes to both, then you would set up your rule in the home remote to toggle a virtual switch on HE to trip the Rule Machine rule. But that seems really convoluted given the lack of information that you're giving us.

@bertabcd1234 Sorry if not clear.

On Home Remote I've created an app/remote like This:

And in this app I want to make an automation/rule machine without me having to go to the Hubitat Rule Machine or The Home Remote Designer.

Is it possible?

Does Home Remote have access to your Hubitat devices? If so, this seems like a Home Remote question to me. Perhaps it would be best asked in a place where you can get better support for Home Remote. I am not sure if there is a currently-maintained Hubitat integration for Home Remote at all (I know there was in the past), which would be a prerequisite for creating any automations there with Hubitat devices. I haven't seen a lot of people discuss it here recently, but perhaps someone who is familiar with it can help here.

Also, a note on terminology, or perhaps confusion: "Rule Machine" is the name of a (trademarked) Hubitat app. You will not be able to create Rule Machine rules anywhere outside of Hubitat. Perhaps Home Remote has similar "rule" creation features, which I assume is really the question here. But you will definitely not be able to use it to create an automation and then "import" it into Hubitat--it would "live" in the Home Remote world.

No it isn’t.

However there are many other automation engines that work with Hubitat, including external ones that make use of MakerAPI, such as NodeRED and Multi-system Reactor.

Ok. Thank you

Is there a reason you don't want to use RM for rules? Or any of the simple rule apps signing HE? I guess I still don't understand what you're trying to accomplish with Home Remote. Home Remote works fine with HE for controlling individual devices. So making a remote control console above would work fine. Rule machine (and other rule apps) set if the actions. Such as, if motion detector detects motion, turn on light. Where as with home remote, you press a button to turn on the light (both can be user). So as I said, I'm not really clear on what you're trying to do

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.