Crashing Hub

But your case is exactly what I said. If you find it necessary to reboot, it is time to get support involved. You did, and as a consequence your problem is going to be resolved — at least the one we know about. Net net is that contacting support and getting to the bottom of an issue is going to benefit you and anyone else that has the same issue.

I’m suggesting that having to reboot is a sign of a problem, and that doing so out of a random belief that it needs to be done otherwise is not the answer.

Fair enough. No doubt, if one is having a problem one should contact support first and foremost.

5 Likes

I used a third party tool and investigated the tables on the zwave radio, finding two 'rogue/ghost' devices. One of them has been a very problematic device. I have no idea if this will impact performance and reliability, as Bruce states these get cleaned up periodically. None the less, I removed them and I'll let it be overnight. If it doesn't crash, I'll reintegrate my custom telnet driver tomorrow. If that doesn't crash, it's probable that ghost nodes are the problem. If it does crash after reintegration, then it's pretty clear that telnet or specifically my driver is the problem.

4 Likes

Or both possibly. But, good troubleshooting!

My question was answered elsewhere so withdrew. :+1:

Crashed again. I have no further options, I’ll have to wipe the hub.

Rats!

Mine didn't so much crash, but had a message that my Zigbee was offline.
The only thing I did was re-attach my Aeotec Multi 6. Could this be the culprit :frowning:

I don't know much about zigbee meshes, for that matter I don't much about zwave, but I know more than zigbee. With zwave I would say yes, it could be the culprit. A single device can trash your mesh, usually with spam. I wouldn't think it would produce a message about the radio going off line, but it sure could stop device responding.

Apparently my zigbee radio crashed last night too. I have one zigbee switch in the house, and it's not on the hub, never has been because it sucks anyway and will be replaced. Other than that, only one sensor and about half dozen hue bulbs left are zigbee. So I really don't even need that radio.

None the less, it seems to be a symptom of this problem we both have.

1 Like

This is what was happening to me last time. Now admittedly, I have added Zigbee devices lately (Ikea). But haven't read of any others having issues, aprt from the troublesome pairing. All are working fine. But have seen Zigbee offline regularly.

The Aeotec is extremely chatty, I can see this in the logs. But that's as far as I'm able to see.
Going to contact support and see if they can see whats going on. I suspect my Zigbee may have been doing this each day, thus I get the slowdown issues.

@vjv Is there no other way to rebuild just the stick without this software?

My hub has been trash for the last couple updates. Rule machine rules are extremely slow or don't execute. The hub routinely locks up and has to be power cycled. I have 3 separate tickets open with support but all they say is to keep removing apps. I have removed the influxdb app, logitech app and reconfigured the sonos app (one speaker is sometimes unplugged).

It seems pretty clear that there is an issue with the hubs and that they cant pin it down. The silence from Hubitat is telling, hopefully they can track it down in the next software update.

Other than the telnet issue the @bravenel already mentioned will be addressed soon, and doesn't effect Lutron Telnet, there doesn't seem to be anything fundamentally wrong. Issues are here and there among the user base, not wide spread.

One troubleshooting tip that has helped is it disconnect the ethernet cable overnight (or whenever the crash or other issue occurs). This immediately will tell you if the issue is cause by a device on the IP network or communication between that device and the hub via a customer app or driver. If it still crashes, then it seems the radio stick is that next place to investigate (assuming custom apps have already been removed).

Nop, the recomendation from HE was to exclude all devices, hard reset them and include them again.

The Zensys and OZWCP tools are best used to manipulate the ZWave side of the Radio Stick. (It can't do anything to the Zigbee side.)

Completely clearing the ZWave side of the stick can be done from the hub, with a simple REST command. It needs to be done alongside a clear of the Hub. Ask Support for guidance on both, please.

Zigbee Radio offline because of adding a ZWave (Multisensor 6) ?? Doesn't seem logical. The two are miles apart frequency wise.

1 Like

This was the recommendation for your specific situation, and is not a general recommendation for anyone else. Each situation has to be evaluated before action can be taken.

This thread has run its course and will be closed.