Crashing Hub

Known to work reliably by itself.

Unfortunately I have same problems with my hub and I'm not using telnet I have nothing left on the hub but still needs rebooting all time

I used to suffer big issues, so much so the Zigbee would just go offline multiple times each day. Support helped me out a lot, I removed a lot of apps (including webCoRE, then reinstalled later) and things started to settle down. I do still have issues, and like you they seem to be in the early hours, which is odd as nothing is expected to trigger then. I often wake to find things haven't executed, such as my radio playing at 7am. But, if I reboot sometime in the evening, things seem to go more smoothly.

I'm down to two pistons, which are just for my Remotec scene controller, and moved everything over to RM. At some point I'll contact Support should this continue, but I'm hoping to work things through slowly and pinpoint the cause. It is working way better than it was before, if a daily reboot resolves it, I'll live with that for now.

1 Like

Early hours in the morning is when the database backup is done, I had the frozen issue too when we wake up in the morning, but my case was the ghost nodes, after fixed it, everything is normal again.

As Bruce said, next update will have many improvements.

1 Like

@vjv Ghost nodes?

I hope it comes soon. I travel again in less than a week. If it crashes while I'm gone, the wife will throw it out of the house.

1 Like

Bruce will kill me...:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

People have reported that if you have 'ghost z-wave devices', devices that you have forced removed that the hub still thinks exist, could cause issues. This is what @vjv had I believe.
I did mention in a post that it would be nice if someone has fixed this put an idiots guide together so that we can check for them and remove them.
It hasn't appeared yet from anyone so perhaps it hasn't been done by anyone yet.

EDIT: I see that @vjv has confirmed this above.

2 Likes

A WiFi switch to have the ability to reboot remotely? At least you can boot if completely frozen. It’s the sole reason I purchased one.

3 Likes

Wallpaper on a hole in the wall, I guess. Which WiFi switch did you get?

1 Like

Totally agree. I bought a Belkin WeMo switch that I can control remotely to reboot the hub by powering down/up should I need to.

1 Like

Ok guys, what's the size of your database?

Mine is about 25M

1 Like

Mine is 20.9M.
Not having any issues.

1 Like

How do you find this information?

1 Like

mine is 4.1M

Go to Settings then Backup/Restore

1 Like

33mb

1 Like

HE staff doesn’t encourage just pulling plug to restart and suggest using then restart option in UI if possible. Otherwise power loss may cause database to corrupt. If possible VPN into network to restart.

Would be nice if RM could restart hub on a periodic basis.

2 Likes

Except that the administrative portal is unavailable when the hub has frozen or crashed. No choice here. I'm looking for a way to mitigate the fact that the hub is non-responsive, or I would otherwise employ the reboot option in the portal.

If we're looking for a way to automate the periodic reboot, we have bigger problems than missing functionality.

2 Likes

I totally agree with you, but needed that ability whilst working away too. For the sake of a few quid, kept my WAF where I need it to be. I went for one which would use the Magic Home app, as I already have one of their LED drivers. It’s a “break in case of emergency” approach.

3 Likes

Agree but there's not much choice when you have a frozen hub in the morning and have to leave the house. I have a Zigbee switch from Wink2 as a remote power cycle.

3 Likes