Crashed (auto shutdown?) hub - where to start?

I'm pretty sure it was @bobbyD who told me so yes. I would contact support and they may be able to point you in the right direction.

I wish there was an equivalent of 'task manager' so that you could see what was hogging the resources.

That would be nice.

Message sent to support, see where it goes.

Support will tell you that nothing is broken and that it must be your 3rd party apps. Even if they worked just fine before. They have said many times that they have no desire to show us the hub resources, no matter how much we want it. My hub shuts itself down now every few days. I disabled all the 3rd party apps that I don't actually need to make the smart home worth it, makes no difference.

That doesn't sound good. But if you've disabled everything are they not willing to help?

I have disabled everything I am willing to lose and still use the system. Without 3rd party apps I would not have even considered the platform. I have disabled all of the bells and whistles like influxdb that are really nice to have but not required to actually use the system.

That being said I just installed the new update so lets see if they fix whatever broke previously. Since the system was rock solid until 1-2 updates ago.

yeah I kind of feel like that also...it was weird that I had said to my wife that the "smart house" has settled in and working well.... Then of course...issues again... I haven't changed much if anything. Maybe a few Rules and tweaked settings over the last few months. But I've got everything pretty much dialed in. The last major thing I added was the Caseta stuff...can't imagine that being the problem but maybe.

I had the same issue and disabled everything that was 3rd party. It turned out to be the TP-Link App/Drivers so far. Things start slowing after a few days and when i turn that off, things return to normal.

I've decided to run two hubs, one for critical things (lights), the other for more experimental and non-essential things.

1 Like

Seems like they should design it with 3rd party apps in some non reserved resource space.