CR2 Batteries

1 Like

So ultimately what is your conclusion between the 3?

I found this thread searching for any feedback on the Tenergy brand on Amazon. Looks like it is decent, so thanks. But now I am wondering about rechargables people are speaking of. I used to use AA and AAA rechargeable a while back but they were not that great. I think what I am missing is a really good charger. Any recommendations on chargers?

Edit: Found this, was hoping for CR123 also.

Rechargeable batteries have shorter run times than non-rechargeable. If you want the absolute longest run time before having to change out the battery, you need non-rechargeable.

If you don’t mind taking the time to change out the batteries in your sensors more frequently, then rechargeable batteries are an option.

1 Like

I've had same luck with panasonic with cr123

My ultimate conclusion: buy rechargeables and stop filling landfills with dead single-use batteries.

Of the 3, they all seem to last fine in my uses. I don't record battery brand in my "Battery Replacement Dates" spreadsheet, so I don't know what I've had in the past. But I have all three of these in dozens of Iris v2 devices (47 contacts and 20 motions) and they've all lasted 18-24 months (at least). But as @Ken_Fraleigh points out, my Amazon Basics aren't what they are selling anymore.

But with the RCR2s lasting 18 months for me, I think they will be good enough to avoid the single use CR2s forever more.

2 Likes

For CR2, I bought one of the EBL set of 8 with the charger, which looks slightly different then what they now sell (that you linked to).

For rechargeable CR123As, I just bought these and they are arriving today, so I'll be installing them in a few hours.