Could Sylvania make it any more confusing to buy light strips

It's a real pia -- its seems to be a exact timing on doing the reset. If you are 1 second to fast or to slow the count resets.

Itā€™s 5 cycles at what interval?

Well at least you are persistant!

1. Turn the light off
  2. Turn the light on for three (3) seconds
  3. Turn the light off
  4. Repeat this cycle five (5) times
  5. Wait ten (10) seconds for the light to blink three (3) times

Repeat these steps if the light does not blink three (3) times

1 Like

I found that 5 full seconds on and 5 full seconds Off worked for me. On the 5th on it should blink.

Maybe there are different instructions for various generations of product? This is what came up when I searched...

Thanks, if that donā€™t work Iā€™m returning it

From a power on.
Unplug 5 full seconds ( one one thousand. 2 one thousand....etc).
Plug in. 5 full seconds. ( honestly I used the one thousands count )
Thatā€™s 1 cycle. Do that 4 more times.
Use the full count each time.

Iā€™ve done at least 10 of those units and that worked best for me.

Regards.
Mac

Didnā€™t work, Iā€™m about to make a rule with a smart plug and try

Iā€™m done, perfect 5 secs via an hubitat automation Imgur: The magic of the Internet

What model number is this? I see numerous ones while searching.

73773 https://www.walmart.com/ip/SYLVANIA-General-Lighting-73773-Full-Color-Lighting-Kit-Sylvania-Smart-ZigBee-Flex-XL-Indoor-Lightstrip/759688076

Ok, so apparently some of these are just 5 quick power cycles. Try that?

Yup, nogo

:rage: :grin:

One of those should have worked. This is one of those times you need an 8 year old kid around. It is so easy a child can do it (but not an adult).

There were no instructions in the package? I couldn't find anything other than "use the Sylvania app" type thing online, and obviously that won't work for this.

Iā€™m so mad. Thx though, appreciate the help

Just came across this through a Google search. Purchased the 73773 through Future Lighting on Walmart and it came in today. I don't have a hubitat (using smartthings) but I also cannot pair these with the reset cycle either. I am no stranger to sylvania and the reset cycle either, I have the waterproof version of these strip lights, the BR30 and a18, all pair and work fine except this 73773. Perhaps they are a bad batch? I'll be sending it back for a refund. Good luck.

Thank you, Ive been going crazy

You donā€™t happen to have a Sylvania bridge do you?
The 1st few lights I paired directly. Then I read a post about the prolonged performance of the connection and that some of the devices could take a firmware update. I happened to have one of the Sylvania bridges and I flashed the new firmware. Iā€™m doubtful thatā€™s the issue but they were finicky.

I tried to take a video but it wouldnā€™t let me attach.
If you want to send me your email Iā€™ll send the video. Took exactly a minute to reset. I Did it 3 times in a row.
Just have to play with youā€™re timings for the 5 seconds on off.
Cheers. Mac.